Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
Historicus
forza_rossi
anglophileHedgehog
christmasborocooper
blutgraetsche
The Easter Bunny
Super Progress
Deluded F*ck™
MightyBarca
EM Seleção e Selecção
Formerly known as sheva7
Balls Grayson
Football Genius
Onur 1905
AcciDrenthe
Kroos
TITO
fcb
Tarun
A & K
mongrel hawk
Black Magic
Lordanger
lampiao007
The Bulk
Axeslammer
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Effenberg
Pierre Littbarski
S4P
Machiavel
Sheffield gunner
Deano
Zack
robert
BoBo Vieri 32
Calidad
Juligen
L.r.d
shazlx
Cesc Soler
Fey
TM
Oleguerisntthatbad
Rosicky
Jaime
Murray
51 posters

The end for Ronaldo?

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

The end for Ronaldo? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end for Ronaldo?

Post by A & K Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:34 am

onurgs1905 wrote:what a pity!
    how many is there the great striker like ronaldo

Well I guess, Benzema and Pato are the next big thing ones.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:41 am

I can understand why people rate Benzema, but IMO it is much too early to rate Pato (or Bojan for that matter). The kid has only played a handful of games at top level.

(Torres is still only 22 or something.. he could yet leave a mark, especially if Pool and Rafa get their acts together)
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:42 am

Rooney .. still 22.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:12 pm

Sao Paulo are reported to have contacted Ronaldo to say that their facilities are at his disposal when the AC Milan star sets off on the long road to recovery following the terrible knee injury he suffered on Wednesday.

The Brazilian superstar ruptured a ligament in his left knee during the clash against Livorno and there are genuine fears that his career could be over, despite the fact that his subsequent surgery at Pieté-Salpetriere hospital in Paris "went smoothly".

Ronaldo faces nine months out at the minimum, but at least he could conceivably undergo the grueling rehabilitation process in sunny Sao Paulo, should the Brazilian first division club's offer be accepted.

Sao Paulo are currently acting as a surrogate home for Inter Milan misfit Adriano, as he bids to overcome the depression which has stalled his career, and a similar arrangement could be worked out for 'El Fenomeno', even though the circumstances surrounding his problems are completely different.

In theory, the 31-year-old could join the Tricolor on loan until he hopefully is able to find his feet again, at which point he would return to the San Siro.

For their part, Milan have insisted that they will stand by Ronaldo every step of the way, though it remains to be seen what will happen once his contract with the European giant expires in the summer.

Great to see both clubs offer their services, i hope Milan do offer rehabilitation after his contract runs out.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:15 pm

Ronaldo and Adriano together? Roberto Carlos should join them...
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:23 pm

TM wrote:Sao Paulo are reported to have contacted Ronaldo to say that their facilities are at his disposal when the AC Milan star sets off on the long road to recovery following the terrible knee injury he suffered on Wednesday.

The Brazilian superstar ruptured a ligament in his left knee during the clash against Livorno and there are genuine fears that his career could be over, despite the fact that his subsequent surgery at Pieté-Salpetriere hospital in Paris "went smoothly".

Ronaldo faces nine months out at the minimum, but at least he could conceivably undergo the grueling rehabilitation process in sunny Sao Paulo, should the Brazilian first division club's offer be accepted.

Sao Paulo are currently acting as a surrogate home for Inter Milan misfit Adriano, as he bids to overcome the depression which has stalled his career, and a similar arrangement could be worked out for 'El Fenomeno', even though the circumstances surrounding his problems are completely different.

In theory, the 31-year-old could join the Tricolor on loan until he hopefully is able to find his feet again, at which point he would return to the San Siro.

For their part, Milan have insisted that they will stand by Ronaldo every step of the way, though it remains to be seen what will happen once his contract with the European giant expires in the summer.

Great to see both clubs offer their services, i hope Milan do offer rehabilitation after his contract runs out.

If Ron wants to continue has career, I think he should wavie his wages (like he needs the money) until he is ready to play again. I think it would be a fantastic gesture, and one which would be greatly appreciated by the club.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:47 am

I would say Romario > Ronaldo in terms of consistency & career achievements, but Ronaldo would've swept up all before him (not just the food) if it weren't for the injuries, and his self-inflicted poor conditioning.

Still, he's the best player I've ever seen live - I remember Nike coming to my High School to promote the R9 boot before WC '98 when I was 12 !

Hope he recovers, and that he can get his hands on that elusive CL.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:59 am

A Tribe Called TS™ wrote:I would say Romario > Ronaldo in terms of consistency & career achievements, but Ronaldo would've swept up all before him (not just the food) if it weren't for the injuries, and his self-inflicted poor conditioning.

Still, he's the best player I've ever seen live - I remember Nike coming to my High School to promote the R9 boot before WC '98 when I was 12 !

But Romario only played something like 4 seasons in europe with only one being in a huge club(barcelona). ronaldo played alot more seasons in europe.So does romarios consistency in brazil count for as much as consistency in europe?
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:18 am

supermadrid wrote:
    A Tribe Called TS™️ wrote:I would say Romario > Ronaldo in terms of consistency & career achievements, but Ronaldo would've swept up all before him (not just the food) if it weren't for the injuries, and his self-inflicted poor conditioning.

But Romario only played something like 4 seasons in europe with only one being in a huge club(barcelona). ronaldo played alot more seasons in europe.So does romarios consistency in brazil count for as much as consistency in europe?

Romario's 1st European season was PSV in '88 scratch

Stayed until 1997with Valencia via Barca - scored 140 goals in 164 apps for these 23 teams.

Anyway, many would also say that Brazil would've never won WC 1994 without him ok
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:21 am

A Tribe Called TS™️ wrote:
    supermadrid wrote:
    A Tribe Called TS™️ wrote:I would say Romario > Ronaldo in terms of consistency & career achievements, but Ronaldo would've swept up all before him (not just the food) if it weren't for the injuries, and his self-inflicted poor conditioning.

Stayed until 1997with Valencia via Barca - scored 140 goals in 164 apps for these 23 teams.

Anyway, many would also say that Brazil would've never won WC 1994 without him ok

Yes. At that time we could the compare brazilian league with the european leagues. There's a difference between brazilian league and the state championships.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:43 am

A Tribe Called TS™️ wrote:
    supermadrid wrote:

Embarassed
    but isnt that still only 1 season in a big club.and sheva would you really say that the brazilian league was equal to the italian league at that time?
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:55 am

No, but I can't say that it was harder to score in the spanish league than in the brazilian league. The brazilian league was a top league, like the spanish and the italian. It's hard to make comparisions between leagues. Forlan, Henry, Shevchenko are examples of that.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:38 am

Calidad wrote:
    TM wrote:Sao Paulo are reported to have contacted Ronaldo to say that their facilities are at his disposal when the AC Milan star sets off on the long road to recovery following the terrible knee injury he suffered on Wednesday.

If Ron wants to continue has career, I think he should wavie his wages (like he needs the money) until he is ready to play again. I think it would be a fantastic gesture, and one which would be greatly appreciated by the club.

Redondo was a classy man, i don't think Ronnie will do the same, but if they could strike a deal whereby he would waive his wages and they'd help him with rehabilitation and possibly a 6 month deal when he gets fit.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:12 am

A doctor at the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF), who has since been fired, has sensationally claimed that the reason for Ronaldo’s horrific injury problems in recent years is because he was doped as a teenager at PSV Eindhoven.
    El Fenomeno’s career could be over after he ruptured the tendon in his left knee on Wednesday night. This is the third time that the player has suffered such an injury, and his career has been ravaged by similar physical problems over the past decade.

Ronaldo Was Doped

Bernando Santi says that the reason why Ronaldo has suffered so many injuries is because when he signed for PSV Eindhoven in 1994 as a 17-year-old, he was regularly pumped full of anabolic steroids in order to build up the player physically and help him grow.

As a result Ronaldo then developed muscles that were unable to co-exist with his knee’s bone structure, leading to devastating problems in later years.

"I spoke to colleagues in Holland who know people at PSV,” Santi told the daily Folha de Sao Paulo.

“I did not get to talk to PSV doctors. They gave supplements to Ronaldo, who was very thin, and among those supplements they included some anabolic substances which could make him grow a bit more.”

Santi is in no doubt that it was these drugs that have caused the injuries.

"It is a consequence of having grown beyond what his muscles were prepared to grow," he insisted.

"He gained muscle mass very fast, when he still had not reached maturity. The bill for the use of steroids shows up long term, 10, 15 or 20 years later."

Ronaldo Was Abused - Socrates

Brazilian legend, Socrates, who is actually a fully qualified doctor in medicine, says that Ronaldo’s problems are as a result of the “abuse” he was subjected to earlier in his career.

"This was a pre-announced injury," the ex-Corinthians and Fiorentina star said.

"There is a difference between Ronaldo's muscle mass and the tendons on his knee. We have all seen Ronaldo grow too fast at the start of his career. That destroyed his knees forever.”

Santi Sacked

Since making these sensational comments, Santi has been sacked by the CBF, who feel that his words were inappropriate given the tough time Ronaldo is going through due to his injury.

"The CBF considered inappropriate his comments on a player who is going through such a delicate time," CBF spokesman Rodrigo Paiva told Brazilian sports news website UOL Esporte.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, what a load of BS.

At Barca Ronaldo was very thin, and even at Inter he was slim built.

He started to put weight around 1999, where he put on a lot of muscle mass, which put strain on his knees, and this wasn't helped by his poor diet at Real.

The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:45 am

Dam Dutchies!
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:55 pm

I don't think thats bullshit, its what i was saying along
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:59 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:I don't think thats bullshit, its what i was saying along

He didnt put on muscle mass till 1999, and was supposedly injected 1995. It doesn't take 4 years for steriods to take effect.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:01 pm

TM wrote:

He didnt put on muscle mass till 1999, and was supposedly injected 1995. It doesn't take 4 years for steriods to take effect.

ok yeh fair enough, im not saying it was necessarily due to steroids, but it was because he put on too much muscle mass in a short space of time.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:02 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    TM wrote:

ok yeh fair enough, im not saying it was necessarily due to steroids, but it was because he put on too much muscle mass in a short space of time.

Yeah you're right about too much muscle mass and his knees not being able to support the body weight, it makes sense, seeing as how he suffered the same injury 3 times and on both legs.

He's still 31, Zizou retired at 33, so Ronnie still has time to recover and have on last hurrah.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:14 pm

Yeh true, Vieri got a knee meniscus injury (left him out of action for about the same period of time) and he manged to come back in good shape and contribute to Fiorentina, and he was 32 at the time so it is possible if Ronaldo is motivated.
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:27 pm

TM wrote:A doctor at the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF), who has since been fired, has sensationally claimed that the reason for Ronaldo’s horrific injury problems in recent years is because he was doped as a teenager at PSV Eindhoven.
    El Fenomeno’s career could be over after he ruptured the tendon in his left knee on Wednesday night. This is the third time that the player has suffered such an injury, and his career has been ravaged by similar physical problems over the past decade.

Ronaldo Was Doped

Bernando Santi says that the reason why Ronaldo has suffered so many injuries is because when he signed for PSV Eindhoven in 1994 as a 17-year-old, he was regularly pumped full of anabolic steroids in order to build up the player physically and help him grow.

As a result Ronaldo then developed muscles that were unable to co-exist with his knee’s bone structure, leading to devastating problems in later years.

"I spoke to colleagues in Holland who know people at PSV,” Santi told the daily Folha de Sao Paulo.

“I did not get to talk to PSV doctors. They gave supplements to Ronaldo, who was very thin, and among those supplements they included some anabolic substances which could make him grow a bit more.”

Santi is in no doubt that it was these drugs that have caused the injuries.

"It is a consequence of having grown beyond what his muscles were prepared to grow," he insisted.

"He gained muscle mass very fast, when he still had not reached maturity. The bill for the use of steroids shows up long term, 10, 15 or 20 years later."

Ronaldo Was Abused - Socrates

Brazilian legend, Socrates, who is actually a fully qualified doctor in medicine, says that Ronaldo’s problems are as a result of the “abuse” he was subjected to earlier in his career.

"This was a pre-announced injury," the ex-Corinthians and Fiorentina star said.

"There is a difference between Ronaldo's muscle mass and the tendons on his knee. We have all seen Ronaldo grow too fast at the start of his career. That destroyed his knees forever.”

Santi Sacked

Since making these sensational comments, Santi has been sacked by the CBF, who feel that his words were inappropriate given the tough time Ronaldo is going through due to his injury.

"The CBF considered inappropriate his comments on a player who is going through such a delicate time," CBF spokesman Rodrigo Paiva told Brazilian sports news website UOL Esporte.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, what a load of BS.

At Barca Ronaldo was very thin, and even at Inter he was slim built.

He started to put weight around 1999, where he put on a lot of muscle mass, which put strain on his knees, and this wasn't helped by his poor diet at Real.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/1268647.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6DEBF6FB0A74EECD49930FDCFC4C15FBB

Ronaldo at WC 98. Very muscular legs. It makes tis doping story very plausible. Especially considering how skinny he was at Barca just 1 year back.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:50 pm

The player himself speaks...doesn't look too likely that he'll return, based on these comments:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=ap-ronaldoinjured&prov=ap&type=lgns
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:37 pm

His European career came to an end, so for all of you is good bye <Ale>

I dont know if he will try play again in Brazil, he always said he wanted to finish his career in Flamengo Sad That now may never happen. pale
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:39 pm

kas wrote:The player himself speaks...doesn't look too likely that he'll return, based on these comments:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=ap-ronaldoinjured&prov=ap&type=lgns

He is being objective, but i think a little optimism is really what is required to drive himself to make a recovery and return to football, he at least has the dignity however to be able to call it a day as opposed to fall down the ladder of leagues just to prolong his career.
    Balls Grayson
    Balls Grayson

Number of posts : 1315
    Supports : Italy, Spain
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by Balls Grayson Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:16 pm

He wont play competitive football in Europe again unless Keegan is completely off his leash, he may get a romantic season in Brazil in a year or so, he may even be given a cap or two for old times sake but unless Stephen Hawkins builds a time travel gymnasium it's RIP Ronaldo :sausage:
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:32 pm

Milan President Silvio Berlusconi has revealed that it is highly likely that crocked star Ronaldo will be offered a new contract with the club.

El Fenomeno currently faces a long-spell of rehabilitation after rupturing the tendon in his knee a few weeks ago in the match with Livorno.

The 31-year-old will be out of the game for at least nine months, although some people believe he will be lucky if he ever takes to the field again.

Ronaldo's contract with Milan runs out at the end of the season, but Berlusconi says it is probable that he will be offered a new deal because he believes the striker can make a successful return.

"I think Ronaldo will remain with us, and if he wants, he can still be a key player," the former Italian prime minister told Sky Italia.

"He has already had a knee injury like this and been able to recover.

"If he still wants it he can, for he is very young at 31, and we have (Paolo) Maldini who will be 40 who is an example for us.

"So I think and I hope that he wants to return, and if he does Milan would be very glad to have him again."

Milan certainly could have done with Ronaldo last night as they crashed out of the Champions League at the last 16 stage to Arsenal.

cheers!
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:05 pm

Reminds me of Barca and Laarson, it payed off in the end for them.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:10 pm

TM wrote:Milan President Silvio Berlusconi has revealed that it is highly likely that crocked star Ronaldo will be offered a new contract with the club.

El Fenomeno currently faces a long-spell of rehabilitation after rupturing the tendon in his knee a few weeks ago in the match with Livorno.

The 31-year-old will be out of the game for at least nine months, although some people believe he will be lucky if he ever takes to the field again.

Ronaldo's contract with Milan runs out at the end of the season, but Berlusconi says it is probable that he will be offered a new deal because he believes the striker can make a successful return.

"I think Ronaldo will remain with us, and if he wants, he can still be a key player," the former Italian prime minister told Sky Italia.

"He has already had a knee injury like this and been able to recover.

"If he still wants it he can, for he is very young at 31, and we have (Paolo) Maldini who will be 40 who is an example for us.

"So I think and I hope that he wants to return, and if he does Milan would be very glad to have him again."

Milan certainly could have done with Ronaldo last night as they crashed out of the Champions League at the last 16 stage to Arsenal.

cheers!

Well, Maldini is a model professional, we can't say the same about Ronaldo.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:04 pm

Physiotherapist Bruno Mazziotti was positively impressed by Ronaldo’s improvements 65 days after the Brazilian suffered a terrible injury...

Ronaldo is making huge steps forwards, according to Mazziotti, who has been working with the player following his umpteenth injury - one which almost jeopardized his career.

The latest developments seem to indicate that the player is recovering well and rapidly, and this could be very good news for the Brazilian striker.

"The echo graph has shown big step forwards," declared the physiotherapist. "From the day of the injury to the tendon to the end of the first 45 days, there have been drastic improvements.

"However, what has impressed us the most is that the improvements have come without problems for the player," he continued.

"In terms of dedication, Ronaldo deserves a ten. His daily work is intense and he is doing everything to return as quickly as possible," concluded a positive Mazziotti.

<Ale>
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:05 pm

Milan star Ronaldo is on course for a miraculous recovery from his horrific injury, and could be set to return in time for the start of next season.

The career of the Brazilian was believed to be in huge doubt after he severed a tendon in his knee playing against Livorno in February.

After a successful operation in Paris, it was estimated that he would be out of action for at least nine months, even if a more likely return date was said to be in 2009.

However Ronaldo’s rehabilitation has been going brilliantly well and he is so far ahead of schedule that he could return to playing in September, and even be ready for the start of the new season.

"His recovery is progressing well and we believe that the months of stop can be reduced to seven," Milan doctor Pierre Meersseman told Radio Kiss Kiss.

Ronaldo’s contract at San Siro runs out at the end of the season, but he is almost certain to be handed a fresh deal in the coming months.

September, Ronaldo Returns Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:51 am