Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
Historicus
forza_rossi
anglophileHedgehog
christmasborocooper
blutgraetsche
The Easter Bunny
Super Progress
Deluded F*ck™
MightyBarca
EM Seleção e Selecção
Formerly known as sheva7
Balls Grayson
Football Genius
Onur 1905
AcciDrenthe
Kroos
TITO
fcb
Tarun
A & K
mongrel hawk
Black Magic
Lordanger
lampiao007
The Bulk
Axeslammer
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Effenberg
Pierre Littbarski
S4P
Machiavel
Sheffield gunner
Deano
Zack
robert
BoBo Vieri 32
Calidad
Juligen
L.r.d
shazlx
Cesc Soler
Fey
TM
Oleguerisntthatbad
Rosicky
Jaime
Murray
51 posters

The end for Ronaldo?

TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

The end for Ronaldo? - Page 3 Empty Re: The end for Ronaldo?

Post by TM Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:23 am

Crying or Very sad

I just hope he doesnt try to sue Milans medical team Yikes
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by lampiao007 Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:41 am

Calidad wrote:I'm so sad.

Ronaldo is my favourite player of all time. I grew up in the whole 'Ronaldo No 9 boots' generation, and at one time was in awe of him.

I was so disappointed when the BBC WC panel mocked him in 2006.

Truly once in a life time talent. I personally think he was better than Romario, but like Bobo I did see much more of Ronaldo, so I'm probably biased too. Both fantastic players, but for me no sight was better in football than big Ron with a smile on his face after rounding yet another keeper.

But what does the BBC panel actually knows about football?

I felt like hitting them with a stick full of rusty nails over the head every time they came along. And to think my tax money pays this Z row group of wannabe comedians....
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155

Post by TITO Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:10 am

Guys, he's not dead. Smile
    Seriously, i have seen them both play, and in their peaks, Ronaldo is better then Romario. Romario was a better finisher in front of the goal, but Ronaldo was a better player.
    He should have stayed in Barcelona, and probably that could have made him the best of all time, if he continued with the same form Wink
    Trully shame that he never fulfilled hit true potentional as the greatest striker ever.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:21 am

oh no whyyyyyyyyyyyy

i love this guy

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:21 am

Drenthe MOTM wrote:Crying or Very sad

I just hope he doesnt try to sue Milans medical team Yikes

Sue them for what? For gaining weight exponentially? For barely justifying his 4 million euros + image rights salary? For injuring the knee that he NEVER INJURED before?

As much as I like Ronaldo, he was the chief architect of his own demise. I know you're a fan also; sad day for us.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:30 am

I didn't really mean it, but its obvious he was rushed back alng with the likes of Kaka, Gattuso and Pato who all will be rushed back in time for the Arsenal game.

Hopefully (not likely), he can recover and play one last season. Me being optimistic i suppose.
    AcciDrenthe
    AcciDrenthe

Number of posts : 227
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Antonio Cassano
    Registration date : 2007-08-13

Post by AcciDrenthe Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:54 am

Sometimes it's hard to conjure a lot of sympathy for people that have been offered the world, but this is truly a sad end to a great but tragic career. I can't imagine him having the strength to go on, and I don't really blame him. How much time would an injury like this take, a year or so? And that's for relatively 'healthy' person that can take care of himself in the mean time.

I hate the image of Ronaldo in 5 years, 15kg heavier and going the Maradonna way...
    Onur 1905
    Onur 1905

Number of posts : 243
    Supports : Galatasaray
    Favourite Player : Hagi, Arda, Kewell
    Registration date : 2007-12-02

Post by Onur 1905 Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:22 am

what a pity!
    how many is there the great striker like ronaldo

Last edited by on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:22 pm

The point which is most sadening is that this is possibly the final nail in the coffin for great strikers, we were blessed with super talented strikers in the 90's unfortunately as their careers came to an end the next generation have not met those high standards.

Ronaldo pre-injuries, was possibly the most well rounded explosive striker i have seen.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:19 pm

Drenthe MOTM wrote:I didn't really mean it, but its obvious he was rushed back alng with the likes of Kaka, Gattuso and Pato who all will be rushed back in time for the Arsenal game.

Hopefully (not likely), he can recover and play one last season. Me being optimistic i suppose.

Hmmm...I see what you're saying. But the thing is Ronaldo wasn't rushed back. He has played 3 games for us since July. If anything he was mollycoddled at our club.

As for Gattuso, Kaka, and Pato--Milan are notorious for really taking every precaution with injuries. That's why, considering the age of our squad, we don't have that many injuries. This year is the first year when we've really struggled.

I hope, like you, Ronaldo recovers and has a proper goodbye.
    Balls Grayson
    Balls Grayson

Number of posts : 1315
    Supports : Italy, Spain
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by Balls Grayson Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:40 pm

why is he wearing that comedy wig?
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:45 pm

kas wrote:Sad news...great player.

Only blemish in his career was moving to Madrid - the coaching changes, administrative C0ck-ups, and Roberto Carlos's company ruined his fitness and motivation. Should have stayed faithful to Inter instead of chasing the money.

lol! He wanted a chance to win the CL....something he wouldn't have gotten at Inter. ok

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:46 pm

Jaime wrote:

Only blemish in his career was moving to Madrid - the coaching changes, administrative C0ck-ups, and Roberto Carlos's company ruined his fitness and motivation. Should have stayed faithful to Inter instead of chasing the money.

lol! He wanted a chance to win the CL....something he wouldn't have gotten at Inter. ok

ok

But he TOTALLY back-stabbed Inter. At the time I felt for them; now I am happy he did.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:48 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

ok

But he TOTALLY back-stabbed Inter. At the time I felt for them; now I am happy he did.

That's true...but Inter did sort of choose Cuper over Ronaldo so what did they expect?
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:51 pm

I'm still sure Ronaldo made up a conflict with Cuper to try and explain his exit...it's obvious Roberto Carlos flashed brochures of Madrid's nightclubs in Ronaldo's face all through the 2002 World Cup. I guess it's good for Inter fans to see that he never did win the CL* Very Happy

* of course last year doesn't count because he never actually played for Milan in the competition.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:53 pm

btw, it's surprising reading the list of trophies that Ronaldo has won - the only significant ones are a Spanish Liga, and the UEFA Cup with Inter Yikes
    Maybe the Cup Winners Cup (with Barça) if you want to count that. Still quite an insignificant tally for someone of his talent.

(he did win the Brazilian Cup with Cruzeiro, but I'm not sure whether that's an important trophy or not)
    The Bulk
    The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by The Bulk Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:54 pm

Got these from another forum...

1989/1990 Season : Social Ramos Club (Brazil) - 8 goals in 12 games.
    1990/1991/1992/1993 Season : Sao Cristovao (Brazil) - 36 goals in 54 games.
    1993/1994 Season : Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte (Brazil) - 58 goals in 60 games.
    1994/1995 Season : PSV Eindhoven (Holland) - 35 goals in 36 games.
    1995/1996 Season : PSV Eindhoven (Holland) - 20 goals in 21 games.
    1996/1997 Season : Barcelona (Spain) - 47 goals in 49 games.
    1997/1998 Season : Inter Milan (Italy) - 25 goals in 30 games.
    1998/1999 Season : Inter Milan (Italy) - 15 goals in 19 games.
    1999/2000 Season : Inter Milan (Italy) - 3 goals in 7 games.
    2000/2001 Season : Inter Milan (Italy) - Knee injury.
    2001/2002 Season : Inter Milan (Italy) - 7 goals in 10 games.
    2002/2003 Season : Real Madrid (Spain) - 29 goals in 42 games.
    2003/2004 Season : Real Madrid (Spain) - 28 goals in 41 games.
    2004/2005 Season : Real Madrid (Spain) - 24 goals in 44 games.
    2005/2006 Season : Real Madrid (Spain) - 14 goals in 23 games.
    2006/2007 Season : Real Madrid (Spain) - 3 goals in 10 games.
    2006/2007 Season : AC Milan (Italy) - 7 goals in 14 games.
    2007/2008 Season : AC Milan (Italy) - 2 goals in 5 games.

Brazil : 62 goals in 97 games.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:55 pm

kas wrote:I'm still sure Ronaldo made up a conflict with Cuper to try and explain his exit...it's obvious Roberto Carlos flashed brochures of Madrid's nightclubs in Ronaldo's face all through the 2002 World Cup. I guess it's good for Inter fans to see that he never did win the CL* Very Happy

* of course last year doesn't count because he never actually played for Milan in the competition.

Oh yes, it's soooooo hard to imagine problems between Ronaldo and the drill sargent! Laugh And don't be bitter that he came to us...you could have had him but van Gaal didn't want him. True story.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:57 pm

Jaime wrote:
    kas wrote:I'm still sure Ronaldo made up a conflict with Cuper to try and explain his exit...it's obvious Roberto Carlos flashed brochures of Madrid's nightclubs in Ronaldo's face all through the 2002 World Cup. I guess it's good for Inter fans to see that he never did win the CL* Very Happy

Oh yes, it's soooooo hard to imagine problems between Ronaldo and the drill sargent! Laugh And don't be bitter that he came to us...you could have had him but van Gaal didn't want him. True story.

Come on, any coach would be pissed off if a player stopped training, spat his dummy out, and made a fuss everyday about wanting to leave.

But anyway, I'll admit I was on a bit of a windup Biggrin

(you should be happy Morientes is such a nice guy...can't imagine he'd be too pleased at having his career basically stall because of Ronaldo).
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:45 pm

Kas, he didn't win the brazilian cup playing fot Cruzeiro. He won the mineiro state championship. That is not an important trophy.

I was 9 yo when a friend of mine invited me to go to the stadium to watch Cruzeiro vs Bahia. Ronaldo was 16 yo and scored 5 goals in a brazilian league match. That was simply unbelievable. He started to get famous after that performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqNU_W7Ok18

Romário > Ronaldo. Ronaldo at his peak was better than any player of his generation. Unfortunatelly he played only two years at his best. Romário was great between 1987-2002.

You all know that I'm not a big fan of Ronaldo. He back-stabbed Inter like FM said. He wasn't man enough to admit that he wanted to play for Madrid, so he put the blame on Cúper. At the time Inter haven't won an important trophy since 1989, their fans and Moratti always supported him when he was injured. He betrayed them.

Ronaldo shouldn't drink and smoke regularly like he did. Ronaldo was weighting almost 100kg with less than one month left before the start of the 2006 WC. He had a poor professional behavior. He lost his focus in 2004. All that he could do was think about women, beer, pies, cigarretes and night clubs instead of concentrating on his career.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:55 pm

O Fenomeno

The end for Ronaldo? - Page 3 Dd9ddb62-86b5-421e-ab86-a94f69e3f4ec_blessures
    BlessureAardUitgeschakeld
    - Januari 1996knie rechts, operatie 4 maanden
    - November 1998 knie rechts, operatie17 maanden
    - April 2000knie rechts, operatie17 maanden
    - Juli 2006scheenbeen links, operatie2 maanden
    - Juli 2007dijbeen rechts4 maanden
    - Februari 2008knie links9 tot 12 maanden
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:39 pm

sheva7 wrote:Kas, he didn't win the brazilian cup playing fot Cruzeiro. He won the mineiro state championship. That is not an important trophy.

I was 9 yo when a friend of mine invited me to go to the stadium to watch Cruzeiro vs Bahia. Ronaldo was 16 yo and scored 5 goals in a brazilian league match. That was simply unbelievable. He started to get famous after that performance.

Romário > Ronaldo. Ronaldo at his peak was better than any player of his generation. Unfortunatelly he played only two years at his best. Romário was great between 1987-2002.

You all know that I'm not a big fan of Ronaldo. He back-stabbed Inter like FM said. He wasn't man enough to admit that he wanted to play for Madrid, so he put the blame on Cúper. At the time Inter haven't won an important trophy since 1989, their fans and Moratti always supported him when he was injured. He betrayed them.

Ronaldo shouldn't drink and smoke regularly like he did. Ronaldo was weighting almost 100kg with less than one month left before the start of the 2006 WC. He had a poor professional behavior. He lost his focus in 2004. All that he could do was think about women, beer, pies, cigarretes and night clubs instead of concentrating on his career.

But I don't think you can criticize a player like Ronaldo for his lifestyle because there are plenty of players who have been equally unprofessional, Romario among them, who were fortunate to have injury free careers. Roberto Carlos was at all of the same night clubs and sleeping with all the same prostitutes but he's not nearly as criticized as Ronaldo.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC

Post by Calidad Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:03 pm

Jaime wrote:
    sheva7 wrote:Kas, he didn't win the brazilian cup playing fot Cruzeiro. He won the mineiro state championship. That is not an important trophy.

But I don't think you can criticize a player like Ronaldo for his lifestyle because there are plenty of players who have been equally unprofessional, Romario among them, who were fortunate to have injury free careers. Roberto Carlos was at all of the same night clubs and sleeping with all the same prostitutes but he's not nearly as criticized as Ronaldo.

Romario was probably worse than Ronaldo in terms of life-style, he just didn't have the horrific injury's that Ron suffered. Carlos was certainly worse.

The odd thing is, Ronaldo is only a year older than Drogba Yikes
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:20 pm

Calidad wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

Romario was probably worse than Ronaldo in terms of life-style, he just didn't have the horrific injury's that Ron suffered. Carlos was certainly worse.

I don't like Roberto Carlos too. He is a moron.

I knew that someone would say that Romário wasn't a model professional as well. The difference is that Romário doesn't drink, smoke or got overweight. His life style never affected his performances on the pitch. The same can be said about Garrincha. At 34 Romário scored more than 50 goals and won the south american golden ball. At 35 he was the top scorer of the brazilian league. At 36 the whole country asked Scolari to call him up for the 2002 WC. Ronaldo was just 28 yo when he had his last good season. Unfortunatelly he lost his focus too early.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC

Post by Calidad Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:36 pm

sheva7 wrote:
    Calidad wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

I don't like Roberto Carlos too. He is a moron.

I knew that someone would say that Romário wasn't a model professional as well. The difference is that Romário doesn't drink, smoke or got overweight. His life style never affected his performances on the pitch. The same can be said about Garrincha. At 34 Romário scored more than 50 goals and won the south american golden ball. At 35 he was the top scorer of the brazilian league. At 36 the whole country asked Scolari to call him up for the 2002 WC. Ronaldo was just 28 yo when he had his last good season. Unfortunatelly he lost his focus too early.

I think the important thing to remember with Ronaldo though, is that whilst he may not have led a perfect life-style, his problems are mostly down to his horrific injury's.

What do you make of Ronaldinho & Adriano?

I think Ronnie's demise is even sadder than Ronaldo's, especially since the majority of it is his own fault. He's only 28 and young enough to recover, but at the moment it doesn't look good.

Adriano...well, not sure what to say about him.

Why can't these guy's follow Cafu's lead? Extraordinary professional.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:33 pm

i think dinho is just bored, if you but him a new environment i think he will be back at is best.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:05 pm

Messiah wrote:i think dinho is just bored, if you but him a new environment i think he will be back at is best.

I think that's a pretty astute point, if he moves to another club they will expect nothing less than a return on their investment.

He wouldn't be given any libertys,however it would still require application from Ronaldinho's part to return to the level we all know he is capable of.
    EM Seleção e Selecção
    EM Seleção e Selecção

Number of posts : 2495
    Supports : Portugal Brasil Africa
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo Zidane Dinho Figo CR Robinho Neymar Hazard
    Registration date : 2007-11-22

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:49 pm

The greatest player i have seen in my lifetime so far he will back he has done it before and with the help of god he will back better than before Cool Cool .
    MightyBarca

Number of posts : 860
    Supports : Fc Barcelona
    Favourite Player : Rivaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Arshavin
    Registration date : 2007-03-16

Post by MightyBarca Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:21 am

What a Legend he was....best player in the world wen he was at barca..will be missed but don't worry it aint official yet he could come back
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:30 am

Ronaldo went under the knife at the Pieté-Salpetriere hospital in Paris this evening and early news from France seems to suggest it was a success.

The operation was over by 21:00 CET and it was Professor Gerrard Saillant who carried out the surgery on Ronaldo’s left knee.

After the operation the surgeon spoke about how it went and so far the news is positive.

“The operation went smoothly and there were no problems, it lasted two hours,” said Saillant.

Although the operation seems like a success, it will be a long time before Il Fenomeno is back to action.

“Ronaldo now has to under go rehabilitation which will be around nine months,” he declared.

Saillant also insists that Ronaldo will be able to get back to his best.

“Ronaldo can get himself back to his best but that is down to him," he revealed. "He knows now, it’s up to him whether he decides to carry on playing or whether he stops.”

The Brazilian had only recently returned from injury but he ruptured the tendons in his left knee in Milan’s 1-1 draw with Livorno on Wednesday night. The phenomenal striker collapsed in a heap as he re-lived his Roman nightmare of 2000 when he suffered the same injury to his other knee.

Football fans around the world will be hoping to see the Brasilian legend one more time on the pitch. It will be a huge loss to the football world should the player hang up his boots after this latest setback.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:20 am