Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+44
Bashmachkin
The Easter Bunny
Fade out
Jaime
Pras_tama
Xavier
Rosicky
worms.
Murray
Romford Pele
Brian2468
Hlebagone
S4P
blutgraetsche
fcb
stinger
BoBo Vieri 32
Black Magic
Pierre Littbarski
Deluded F*ck™
110%
COTR
Sheffield gunner
Isco Benny
TheCrazy58
Puro
Dick Grayson
christmasborocooper
Axeslammer
bluenine
Fey
Allez les rouges
Luis
The Pröfessör
DD
Parks lives
Kroos
Kimbo
TM
Aristoskank
Tom
L r dd
debaser
Glenarch of the Glen
48 posters

John Terry dropped as England captain

Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

John Terry dropped as England captain - Page 12 Empty Re: John Terry dropped as England captain

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:20 am

Kimbo wrote:I blame the FA, they went over Capello's head and he was just standing his ground. It doesn't really make a difference to Englands chances at the euro's though, Capello was a poor England manager.

He had the highest winning % of any England manager in history!

Who was he poor compared to?

England have won just 6 knockout games in the 13 International tournaments that they've attempted to qualify for in my lifetime - and only 3 of those wins came within 90 minutes, aginst those Superpowers called Paraguay, Denmark and Ecuador. Rolling Eyes

debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

John Terry dropped as England captain - Page 12 Empty Re: John Terry dropped as England captain

Post by debaser Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:26 am

Ultimately international manager judged on tournaments. At the one tournament he stuck around for, Capello was pretty shit. Picked an uninspiring (SWP Rolling Eyes ) and flawed (2 injured CBs Doh ) squad and then was completely outclassed tactically when it mattered.

Before the gleeful anti-English start, not saying England were in any way great, but that tournament was a complete fail and the manager has to take some responsibility as he picked the players and set the tactics.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:13 am

debaser wrote:Ultimately international manager judged on tournaments. At the one tournament he stuck around for, Capello was pretty shit. Picked an uninspiring (SWP Rolling Eyes ) and flawed (2 injured CBs Doh ) squad and then was completely outclassed tactically when it mattered.

Before the gleeful anti-English start, not saying England were in any way great, but that tournament was a complete fail and the manager has to take some responsibility as he picked the players and set the tactics.

Ale

Shove this win percentage shit up ya.

We played a lot of awful teams to get that high win percentage..so you cant use that and then say "oh and we only ever beat these teams in the KO stages". Well tell me which teams Capello's England beat in those knockout stages. He was lucky we even got through to the knockout stages. Couldnt even beat the USA and Algeria ffs.

He was poor. It baffles me that TS defends him actually..this is a manager who regularly picked SWP(who TS says is shit) and Lampard (who TS says is shit), Walcott (who TS says is shit) and Terry (who TS says is shit) and more recently Bent (who TS says is shit btw).

Plus he had us playing shit on a stick football on a regular basis. Which I believe TS hates.

Not to say TS is the only one who hates all those things..but he is the one saying Capello was good because of his win percentage.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:47 am

I'm not saying Capello was great at all - just pointing out that ENGLAND AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FULL STOP - and their history over the last 25 years bears this out.
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:05 am

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:I'm not saying Capello was great at all - just pointing out that ENGLAND AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FULL STOP - and their history over the last 25 years bears this out.

England are still capable of playing better than they did in South Africa though,it was embarrassing how poorly they performed against teams like Algeria and Slovenia.I reckon Algeria outplayed them ffs and they had to resort to time wasting to scrape past Slovenia for a 1 - 0 win.

But it weren't just the managers fault though,the players are the most to blame they couldn't even control the ball and play a simple pass in that WC.What's Cappelo meant to do about that?

Anyway we all know what's going to happen for the next 20 years:

John Terry dropped as England captain - Page 12 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=286481
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:46 am

debaser wrote:Ultimately international manager judged on tournaments.

True, but let us not forget that actually qualifying for major tournaments could not have been taken for granted after the McClaren years, and Capello did deliver in that aspect, two solid, convincing qualifications.

But still, as I've said for years, he was the wrong choice, the wrong kind of manager for a revolution / complete overhaul that English football needed. Wasted money and time.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:07 pm

worms wrote:Luis has a point about the xenophobic attitude in the media.

LOL.

lol!

Awesome! And he is right, even for the wrong reasons...
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:26 pm

To further my point;

Over the same timespan France have 13 knockout wins, 7 within 90 minutes.

The Netherlands have 8 knockout wins, 7 within 90 minutes

Our "Great Rivals" West Germany/Germany have TWENTY (yes 20) knockout wins, 14 within 90 minutes.

Italy? 12 knockout wins, 8 within 90 minutes.

Spain have 10 knockout wins, also 8 within 90 minutes.

Where this massive expectation comes from I have no clue - at least we've been slightly better than Portugal (5 ko wins, 3 within 90 minutes)
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Wir sind die Meister der KO Runde! cheers

ACHTUNG! SURRENDER! For you Tommy, ze Euro 2012 Championship is over!

Expectations are due to 1966, the neverending references everywhere. It's like Adolf on British TV - you can't escape it, so you might as well believe it's still happening today.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:01 pm

FA chairman David Bernstein: "We've been working on a code of conduct for some time. We hope to have one in place within the next few months."

Are you fucking kidding? Working on it for 'some time', and still expect to take a 'few months'?!

I understand there's legal implications about creating this for highly paid players, but how long does it take to come up with a code of conduct FFS?
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Well well well. Capello is just another foreigner thrown onto the scrapheap.

If I'm being honest he brought it on himself for sticking by John Terry as captain. If Puyol shagged Capdevilla's girlfriend/wife then called a black Spanish player (is there such a thing?) a black conte would Del Bosque come out and back him?

I do find it extremely funny how the FA 1) take the moral high ground over 'racist' incidents of late and then clearly have a preference for an English manager. If the next England manager is foreign I'll wear a Patrice Evra shirt for a week. 2) State that public opinion will have an influence. I mean come on - the public are complete idiots; some of whom even think Hodgson didn't get a fair crack of the whip at Liverpool and deserves a shot at being manager.

As for Redknapp being the next manager - good luck. This job is even more of a poisoned chalice then when Rafa took the Inter Milan job; it's a complete and utter circus for the unfortunate candidate and then the journalists have the cheek to whinge and cry to David Bernstein (who by the way is a complete posh, smug bellend) that England are in a mess so close to Euro 2012.

Let's go and get an English manager, hurrah, one FA cup or Europa League qualification to their names will frighten the lives out of Spain and Germany.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:34 pm

fcb wrote:FA chairman David Bernstein: "We've been working on a code of conduct for some time. We hope to have one in place within the next few months."

Are you fucking kidding? Working on it for 'some time', and still expect to take a 'few months'?!

I understand there's legal implications about creating this for highly paid players, but how long does it take to come up with a code of conduct FFS?

About 4-5 years, judging by this forum *smirks*
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:41 pm

fcb wrote:FA chairman David Bernstein: "We've been working on a code of conduct for some time. We hope to have one in place within the next few months."

as you say Kas, there are legal implications and you can bet that it will end up not being worth the paper it's written on. FA knows that it has to comply with UK law, EU law and that top players will have highly paid awyers scrutinising it thoroughly. The wigs will do very well out of it. Expect a toothless document that achieves virtually nothing.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:41 pm

So Redknapp to become England coach then. Funny that a Bernstein is in control of English football btw, Puro was right afterall Very Happy

But who will lead the boys from the lane then? Im going for Warnock, his nose alone justifies a 4-year contract at a club like Spurs.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:45 pm

I want Van Gaal - he led one set of Jews to the promised land 17 years ago, he can do it again with another group of Jews. He's like a footballing Moses.

If not then Rafa Benitez - he'll be refreshed and motivated and he has unfinished business in England.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:50 pm

The difference was that those yids were kinda talented though..

John Terry dropped as England captain - Page 12 WfKCEjizQF79QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

But considering he resigned at ajax today, even though he wasnt even in charge yet, could make it happen!

I would love van Gaal vs the english tabloids!
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:55 pm

How can you be against Mourinho for footballing reasons and at the same time endorse Benitez of all people though?
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:02 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:How can you be against Mourinho for footballing reasons and at the same time endorse Benitez of all people though?

Benitez has never sent his teams out to butcher people, or dive constantly. Nor has he sent Robert Huth upfront to win a game. We could be his new Valencia. And if he can get Liverpool to nearly win the league despite all the boardroom troubles there then we have a chance of major success if it goes well between him and Levy.

I'm against Mourinho for personality reasons as much as footballing ones - he's the antithesis of everything Spurs stand for, plus he always needs more money than his rivals to indulge in all his stupidness.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:03 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:How can you be against Mourinho for footballing reasons and at the same time endorse Benitez of all people though?

Ale

I wouldn't be majorly upset if we managed to attract Mourinho or Benitez, but I would worry how they would fit with the current squad. Would probably see major overhauls to the squad and a complete change in playing style.

Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Benitez sides play better football than Mourinho teams IMO - Inter were better to watch under him evnen if they got worse.

Still one of my favourite goals ever Magic
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:

I'm against Mourinho for personality reasons as much as footballing ones - he's the antithesis of everything Spurs stand for

overbearing self-righteousness and feeling of entitlement?
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:33 pm

Spurs fans Laughing

Turning down Mourinho ffs, one good season and you don't want a manager who has won European cups and league titles Rolling Eyes
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Luis wrote:Spurs fans Laughing

Turning down Mourinho ffs, one good season and you don't want a manager who has won European cups and league titles Rolling Eyes

Well, I did say I wouldn't be upset if he joined, but being rational about this: he won European Cups and league titles under far different circumstances than he'd be able to do at Spurs.

And what do you mean one good season? This'll be our third season in a row surpassing people's "expectations" (finishing 4th in 2010, getting to the CL QF's in 2011, and probably finishing 3rd this). I swear down I will fight you with a broom handle
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:35 pm

worms wrote:The England National team is just a never ending comedy.

Their failure in the Euros will be spectacular like always, followed by an inevitable media witch hunt which will probably be against the new Manager.

What the media fail to realize is the reason England haven't won anything in so long is not because of the never ending list of already proven World Class managers,it's just that the players aren't good technically or anywhere as good in general as the media think they are.

(I know most people on this board and most fans nowadays realize the top English players are vastly overrated,but the media still have stupid expectations which leads to even more pressure on the team.)

This is a bit unfair. Perhaps tabloid press aside, the English media is generally realistic in the wake of elimination. At least that has been the case recently, and my experience reading various sources. And I'm not just talking about brooding, reflexively critical columnists either.

I don't think there is this widespread delusion anymore. England are a bit shit. A lot of people have achingly come to this realization in the last ten years. In 2002, Beckham was 27, Owen was 23 and Ferdinand wasn't a lamppost--England had a right to expect big things and they did lose out to the eventual winners tbf. The good players are older now, the ones touted as good aren't coherently developed enough to make an impact, and Wayne Rooney is a moron. The fervor that precedes a tournament will never go away though. England are a big footballing nation with the best league in the world--equanimity during international tournaments will always be in short supply. The more mature media outlets in England, though, assess the country's chances and failure fairly.

Last edited by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:I blame the FA, they went over Capello's head and he was just standing his ground. It doesn't really make a difference to Englands chances at the euro's though, Capello was a poor England manager.

He had the highest winning % of any England manager in history!

Who was he poor compared to?

England have won just 6 knockout games in the 13 International tournaments that they've attempted to qualify for in my lifetime - and only 3 of those wins came within 90 minutes, aginst those Superpowers called Paraguay, Denmark and Ecuador. Rolling Eyes

The football was shit, he failed to motivate the players, he failed to discipline the players, he failed to visit the north east and instead opted to eat prawn sandwiches in London, and we were more embarrassing than ever at the world cup. But hey, he was good at beating Andorra et al in qualifying. Erm
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Face reality, face the truth. The players suck!
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Mourinho or Benitez would be a better choice than 'Arry. 'Arry might be a top geezer, but he is too involved with the media to be a successful England manager. We'll be going to the 2014 World Cup with Lampard, Terry, Cole, Rio and Gerrard, who will all be 34+. Adding David Beckham's 47 years to the team too will give us a squad that'll make Ancelotti's Milan team look like the Busby babes.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Deluded F*ck™️ wrote:Benitez sides play better football than Mourinho teams IMO - Inter were better to watch under him evnen if they got worse.

Still one of my favourite goals ever Magic

Fondly enough one of the reasons fell out with Valencia is that he hated playing Aimar! lol!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Mourinho is a winner though, Rafa... not so much.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Kimbo wrote:Mourinho is a winner though, Rafa... not so much.

Yeah, Rafa only won 2 La Ligas and a European cup, boooo! Not to mention the fact that he OWENED Mourinho twice in CL semi finals with Liverpool.

But you believe what the media tell you Kimmy <Ale>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:24 pm