Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
AsianBoy
The Easter Bunny
Kimbo
poiuy1
Tom
Glenarch of the Glen
Rosicky
mongrel hawk
Hlebagone
Luis
Cesc Soler
Puro
zen and the art of
Deluded F*ck™
Rez
robert
110%
L12
DS
Parks lives
debaser
Tweesus
Knoblauch
Romford Pele
COTR
Batman
30 posters

Liverpool close to Lucas deal

L12

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Liverpool close to Lucas deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool close to Lucas deal

Post by L12 Fri May 11, 2007 10:46 am

I can see Sissoko going. Although he's a good player it's obvious he has to work on his passing game. His value at the moment is higher than what it was imo. He's proved himself against the likes of Barca and he'd be a good signing for any team on the lookout for a DM. If it was a choice of 20m for Hargeaves or 10m for Sissoko, I know which one I'd choose.

Alonso may or may not go. I don't think Rafa wants him to leave but it's down to the player really.

Lucas may well be put into the youth for a year. So it doesn't necessarily mean that anyone is leaving.

There's more chance of knitting fog than Rafa not re-signing Mascherano. His registration cost 10m. All we need to do is get him to sign a contract and considering the season he's had, I'm sure he just wants to settle down and start playing football. It'll be obvious to him that he's wanted at Liverpool and that he's going to get a game. He's just come from a nightmare situation at West Ham so I doubt he's going to demand another transfer during the summer.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Fri May 11, 2007 10:48 am

L12 wrote:. If it was a choice of 20m for Hargeaves or 10m for Sissoko, I know which one I'd choose.

The one who can pass the ball? Me as well. ok
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Fri May 11, 2007 10:49 am

COTR wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Yes but surely if Insua was hlaf decent he'd have played a couple of first team games in Argentina by now. no doubt he's probably half decent but the world's next best left winger?

Most of our signings have at least played a few games - Diaby was France's under 21 captain, Denilson had played about 15 games or so.

Sure, now and again you strike lucky, but Benitez is hardly regarded for his nurturing of youngsters, unlike Wenger - its not a dig, because with more experienced players Benitez seems far more accomplished than Wenger, but if you gave both Wenger and Benitez the same player and asked them to nurture him, I know full well who would look the better player after two years

Liverpool will take the player on an initial 18 month loan period [1] for which they paid nearly £100,000 - after which point they will pay a further £1 million to finalise the move.[citation needed] On 28th of April 2007, Insúa made his first start for Liverpool in the Premiership away game against Portsmouth.

Insúa currently represents Argentina at Under-20 level. He was picked to form part of the 20 man Argentina squad for the 2007 South American Youth Championship in Paraguay.

are you having a bad day today or something tweeds ??? Wink

what?

What's your point here? that he played in the under 20s? WOW! that must mean he's world class
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Fri May 11, 2007 10:51 am

@ tweeds

first of all the kid is 18

secondly where on earth are these world's best left winger comments coming from

thirdly he is on loan and has barely cost us anything and will only cost a million if we want him

you are criticising 18 and 19 year old kids and saying they have no chance of ever making it into the first team
    L12

Post by L12 Fri May 11, 2007 10:52 am

No, not the one who was getting called a donkey prior to his decent showing in the World Cup but is now apparently fantastic due to Bayern slapping a ridiculous fee on him.

You'd seriously been better off keeping hold of Phil Neville. They're pretty similar in terms of ability and you already had him signed up.
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Fri May 11, 2007 10:55 am

L12 wrote:No, not the one who was getting called a donkey prior to his decent showing in the World Cup but is now apparently fantastic due to Bayern slapping a ridiculous fee on him.

You'd seriously been better off keeping hold of Phil Neville. They're pretty similar in terms of ability and you already had him signed up.
    hargreaves has much more ability than sissoko mate. hargreaves technique is probably underrated actually. he would be a much better signing for man u than sissoko but obviously £20m is just stupid

hopefully juve make a big bid for momo. they have been linked with him in the past
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Fri May 11, 2007 10:56 am

has mascherano (spelling) still got dodgy connections with MSI? who exactly are liverpool loaning him from? MSI or west ham?

maybe MSI don't want a permanent deal until his value is much higher, so liverpool would be better signing a permanent player and saying goodbye to him.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri May 11, 2007 10:56 am

COTR wrote:@ tweeds

thirdly he is on loan and has barely cost us anything and will only cost a million if we want him

you are criticising 18 and 19 year old kids and saying they have no chance of ever making it into the first team

I'm going on what one of you was saying a few months back. One of you (i think obi) said that he's supposed to be one of the hottest prospects in the world or something and will walk into your first team
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Fri May 11, 2007 10:58 am

Tweedle wrote:
    COTR wrote:@ tweeds

I'm going on what one of you was saying a few months back. One of you (i think obi) said that he's supposed to be one of the hottest prospects in the world or something and will walk into your first team
    get the quote from obi. I simply don't believe you Wink he was probably winding you up

it still however does not explain you writing him off having never seen him play
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri May 11, 2007 10:58 am

What do you expect from Obi? Erm

Seriously, the guy's gone off the radar!
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri May 11, 2007 11:03 am

@ COTR

I would try but it was ages ago.

@ parky

I think he got upset at people disagreeing with his opinions
    L12

Post by L12 Fri May 11, 2007 11:07 am

@COTR If you're talking about Technique and quality on the ball, I accept that Hargeaves has more of that. If ability is to mean the whole package including tackling, pace, power & stamina I think Sissoko comes out on top. I've seen Hargeaves play for Bayern and he does a decent job for them. Sissoko does for us too. He was our best player by some distance up until his injury (granted most of our players were'nt playing well) and he's had 1 or 2 poor games since that injury.

With regards to all those bleating on about work permits. The reason we can sign these players is the fact that they're Argentinian. When we bought Gonzalez, despite a good season in Spain, we had to loan him out again for another year because of his Chilean background. It's a farce the way work permits are sorted out, but if you want to moan about bringing foreign kids then do so on it's own merits. It's not a Liverpool & the rest of the world conspiracy.

As for the MSI stuff, we tried to loan him, took it to the Premier League and they said we couldn't do it. Then they went and investigated West Ham over Tevez. We in the meantime bought out his registration off MSI for a shed load of cash and signed him with the PL's permission. The detail of his personal contract I don't know (nor ever will). His registration however is now with us and whenever he signs for a new club that will be transferred, just like a normal transfer. I'm not sure but I don't think the Tevez situation with MSI is exactly the same with regards to the holding of his registration.
    Knoblauch

Number of posts : 592
    Supports : Sport Lisboa e Benfica
    Favourite Player : Lazer Markovic
    Registration date : 2007-03-01

Post by Knoblauch Fri May 11, 2007 11:12 am

L12 wrote:.
    With regards to all those bleating on about work permits. The reason we can sign these players is the fact that they're Argentinian. When we bought Gonzalez, despite a good season in Spain, we had to loan him out again for another year because of his Chilean background. It's a farce the way work permits are sorted out, but if you want to moan about bringing foreign kids then do so on it's own merits. It's not a Liverpool & the rest of the world conspiracy.

I don't think that being Argentinian has anything to do with it, the EPL has it's rules regarding % of internationals played.
    The reason Lucas can sign with no problem is because he's cummitário, he has a double nationality, including European.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Fri May 11, 2007 11:13 am

L12 wrote:With regards to all those bleating on about work permits. The reason we can sign these players is the fact that they're Argentinian. When we bought Gonzalez, despite a good season in Spain, we had to loan him out again for another year because of his Chilean background. It's a farce the way work permits are sorted out, but if you want to moan about bringing foreign kids then do so on it's own merits. It's not a Liverpool & the rest of the world conspiracy.
    bounce it was just a question. here's another: why is it different if they are argentinian?

also, lucas is brazilian (although this one isn't confirmed yet)
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri May 11, 2007 11:13 am

The way I understood it Mascherano still isn't fully owned by Liverpool. Is that wrong?

Anyhow, if you're signing Lucas then one of Alonso of Sissoko will have to leave - you can't keep four DMs happy
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri May 11, 2007 11:16 am

Tweedle wrote:
    Anyhow, if you're signing Lucas then one of Alonso of Sissoko will have to leave - you can't keep four DMs happy

If anyone can....Laughing
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri May 11, 2007 11:21 am

Parks lives wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:

If anyone can....Laughing

lol!

Is this what you were thinking:

-------------Reina------------

Finnan---Agger--Carra---Aurelio

------------Sissoko------------

Gerrard------Masch------Alonso

-------------Lucas-------------

-------------Crouch------------

Wink
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri May 11, 2007 11:22 am

---- Lucas -- Mascherano -- Sissoko -- Alonso

Gerrard -------------------------------------- Kuyt

What a hard working team!
    L12

Post by L12 Fri May 11, 2007 11:35 am

We initially tried to sign him on a loan deal in which case we wouldn't have owned him. But then the PL informed us that we couldn't cause MSI held his registration so we had to fork out 10m to buy it off them. We own his registration now (so essentially the player) but we'll still need to sort out his contract with him which is a separate issue. I doubt he's on a long term contract. Apparently we have a deal with MSI as well in case we don't wish to keep him in which case we can sell back his registration to them. Frankly, I don't think players should be able to sell their own registrations to companies in the first place because it can just lead to exploitation of players in poorer countries. But then, I've never lived in a favala and been offered a couple of million as a kid which would get my family into proper housing.

The thing about it being Argentina (or Brazil) is their respective placing in that mickey mouse fifa country co-efficient list. The automatic criteria for work permits is based on the applicant playing 75% of internationals for 2 years and the country he plays for being in the top 70 places consistently. When you don't fulfill either of the criteria then you go to a board. This board is selected from people who have been or still are involved with the game in some manner. If you don't fulfill either you'll usually get short shrift. If you only fulfill one then they'll usually give you the benefit of the doubt if your applicants country of birth is a high standing. The premise being that it's harder to play for Brazil than it is for the Easter Islands. When given young kids, the board will often look at their respective national youth sides and apply the same philosophy. This has to be decided by the panel though. Automatic entry is only guaranteed for A team internationals. Hence why that Qu Bo fella was knocked back when Spurs tried to sign him with most of his games being played for the Chinese Youth team.

What is crazy is that you could conceivably get people on your judging panel who hate your club deciding whether you can sign a player or not. I think we had an ex-Liverpool player on an Everton request once but they voted to grant the request. I also don't see why employment in football should be dependant on people who have been involved in the game. Surely it should be similar to other jobs.
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Fri May 11, 2007 11:36 am

So the end for Alonso? Sad to see him go, the only player at Liverpool I consider worth watching.
    L12

Post by L12 Fri May 11, 2007 11:43 am

robert wrote:So the end for Alonso? Sad to see him go, the only player at Liverpool I consider worth watching.

Lol - stop fishing Smile
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Fri May 11, 2007 12:09 pm

So has everyone finally realised what I have been saying for ages; that Momo is good at kicking people, but not very good at football.

Last edited by on Fri May 11, 2007 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri May 11, 2007 12:13 pm

Check the charity shield thread from pre-season.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri May 11, 2007 12:45 pm

Parks lives wrote:---- Lucas -- Mascherano -- Sissoko -- Alonso

Gerrard -------------------------------------- Kuyt

What a hard working team!

Liverpool close to Lucas deal - Page 2 Etg-vocational-partnerships-330x220-bricklayers
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri May 11, 2007 12:46 pm

Parks lives wrote:Check the charity shield thread from pre-season.

Aye - I've been on his case about that for ages.

Now Sissoko's (lack of) ability has been unmasked, I can turn my attention to Micah Richards Smile
    zen and the art of
    zen and the art of

Number of posts : 299
    Registration date : 2007-04-04

Post by zen and the art of Fri May 11, 2007 3:09 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    @ parky

I pop back here occasionally. I just can't be bothered for more than couple of days because none of your realise that this place is no more than a cliquey 606.

This thread = perfect example.

Oh well, yet another CL final will numb the pain of having an average squad of hardworkers who couldn't win a game of rock-paper-scissors between.

Oh, and Insua's been bloody good both games he's played in actually Twoddle. Not that I'd expect you to pay attention. He's not a 6'4 african that Wenger's stolen from Belgium. He can't be a talented young footballer. Never happens.
    zen and the art of
    zen and the art of

Post by zen and the art of Fri May 11, 2007 3:10 pm

TeamSpirit™️ wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:Check the charity shield thread from pre-season.

Aye - I've been on his case about that for ages.

Now Sissoko's (lack of) ability has been unmasked, I can turn my attention to Micah Richards Smile

Or Aaron "I can dribble, but someone has to wipe my mouth for me afterwards" Lennon?

Ledley "bones of glass" King?
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri May 11, 2007 3:13 pm

If you're going to admire black players - at least do so to the ones with talent Wink
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri May 11, 2007 3:14 pm

zen and the art of wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    @ parky

Oh, and Insua's been bloody good both games he's played in actually Twoddle. Not that I'd expect you to pay attention. He's not a 6'4 african that Wenger's stolen from Belgium. He can't be a talented young footballer. Never happens.

World Class Ale

Nice dig there, name me one 6'4'' African we own? the only player that matches that description is your own Sissoko - the same guy that you continue to eulogise week in week out.

If you haven't noticed Arsenal fans tend to prefer to get exctied over our 5'7'' spanish midfielder, our 5'11' French striker and our 6' dutch forward
    zen and the art of
    zen and the art of

Post by zen and the art of Fri May 11, 2007 3:18 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    zen and the art of wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    @ parky

World Class Ale

Nice dig there, name me one 6'4'' African we own? the only player that matches that description is your own Sissoko - the same guy that you continue to eulogise week in week out.

If you haven't noticed Arsenal fans tend to prefer to get exctied over our 5'7'' spanish midfielder, our 5'11' French striker and our 6' dutch forward

Fabrice Muamba.

Sissoko has atleast paid back his transfer value in full with his performances in last years FA Cup final and away to Barcelona.

Total flop though, like all the others.

Christ knows how lucky we are to be in yet another CL final. That's all it is - Luck, and perhaps a sprinkle of hard work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:50 pm