Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
S4P
Super Progress
Romford Pele
Jaime
Di Caniooooo!
rosenthal
blutgraetsche
The Pröfessör
Brian2468
christmasborocooper
Parks lives
fcb
Kimbo
Fey
Hlebagone
Tweesus
L r dd
Deano
Dwarf
Aristoskank
debaser
Isco Benny
Deluded F*ck™
Fade out
gone
Axeslammer
Glenarch of the Glen
31 posters

can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Poll

can they? hmm?

[ 21 ]
    can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 5 Bar_left54%can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 5 Bar_right [54%] 
    [ 18 ]
    can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 5 Bar_left46%can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 5 Bar_right [46%] 

Total Votes: 39
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 5 Empty Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Isco Benny Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:25 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Spider crouch,

No, you are wrong. Bendtner is good in the air, contrary to what you claim. A bad observation, simply put. He hasn't played a full season, but I still remember only the headed goals from Bendtner. Knickerless or not, his aerial ability is far higher than Crouch.

Bendtner is not particularly good in the air. We will continue to disagree on this. And I will make a bet with you that Crouch will score more headed goals this season than Bendtner.

I also see talentless pace merchant Lennon won us the second game in a row.

So overall, a good week for you observations Unflinching cheers
    rosenthal
    rosenthal

Number of posts : 822
    Supports : Tottenham Hotspur
    Favourite Player : רוני רוזנטל
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 5 Empty Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by rosenthal Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Crouch was the one in the Premiership with most goals coming from headers last season, and shows today what a threat he is in the air.
    I agree that it's a lot to do with his height more than ability though.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:55 pm

Lee Bowyer.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:57 pm

Aaah, feeling hard done to Kriss? Nobody gave us any sympathy when Cattermole cynically took out Beye and Barton in one match.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:59 pm

lol!

Still isnt over it.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:01 pm

borocooper wrote:lol!

Still isnt over it.

I won't forget, i'm not a pussy, like you!! In 8 years i will be reminding everyone of what a c**t Cattermole is!!
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:02 pm

He'll be Englands most hated captain ok
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:07 pm

borocooper wrote:He'll be Englands most hated captain ok

Lets wait until he makes the squad before making outlandish predictions. lol!
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Thats not my style cheers
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:12 pm

At this rate he will be the next Wiltshire, and like Wiltshire he will fail miserably! ok
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:14 pm

*Gloucestershire
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:10 pm

Manchester United
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Chelsea

Manchester City

by my calculations, today's news means only Manchester City stand between Spppppppppppppuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrs and the title.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Spurs have signed James Walker from West Ham Razz
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:25 pm

G for Glenndetta wrote:Manchester United
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Chelsea

Manchester City

by my calculations, today's news means only Manchester City stand between Spppppppppppppuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrs and the title.

If they make these two signings they will win the league:

can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 5 Chris_waddle

can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 5 Paul_gascoigne
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Just watched a re run of the Spurs vs Birmingham match.

I've got to say Modric is unbelievably good. He ran everything. Is there a better PL player of his type atm? I doubt it. No disrespect, but he's too good for Spurs. He could play for the Madrids, Barcas, and ManUs of this world and still look good.

I know this thread was started just for banter, but Spurs are building a serious team. They'd be deadly if only they could replace Keane with a half striker/half playmaker type player.

Hope they sell Modric in January.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:09 pm

Depends, what sort of player would you say Modric is? Who would we be directly comparing him to in the EPL, like for like?

He is an excellent player, no doubt. Took a bit of time to adapt, but (and this is a rare thing in a Spurs signing) is worth more than they paid for him.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:11 pm

The Professor wrote:Just watched a re run of the Spurs vs Birmingham match.

I've got to say Modric is unbelievably good. He ran everything. Is there a better PL player of his type atm? I doubt it. No disrespect, but he's too good for Spurs. He could play for the Madrids, Barcas, and ManUs of this world and still look good.

I know this thread was started just for banter, but Spurs are building a serious team. They'd be deadly if only they could replace Keane with a half striker/half playmaker type player.

Rolling Eyes

Let's see where we finish the season before suggesting he's too good for Spurs.

Why on Earth would he want to leave right now when - as you quite rightly said - we're building a seriously competitive team, he's given license to roam in an attacking team, and praised every weekend by his manager?

This is the player of course that Wenger didn't try and sign because he wasn't strong enough to play in the Premier League. So I'm not surprised you're seething with envy. You have Diaby and Eboue though Ale
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:Depends, what sort of player would you say Modric is? Who would we be directly comparing him to in the EPL, like for like?

He is an excellent player, no doubt. Took a bit of time to adapt, but (and this is a rare thing in a Spurs signing) is worth more than they paid for him.

Actually there are not many players like him. I'd compare him to Hleb. Benayoun is not that dissimilar, but he's more of a forward. They don't get u a lot of goals and assists, but they run your attack.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Why on Earth would he want to leave right now when - as you quite rightly said - we're building a seriously competitive team, he's given license to roam in an attacking team, and praised every weekend by his manager?

This is the player of course that Wenger didn't try and sign because he wasn't strong enough to play in the Premier League. So I'm not surprised you're seething with envy. You have Diaby and Eboue though Ale

We don't have to wait Mr Pele. Spurs as u know will always remain a level below the big boys. That's where they are destined to be. Some things are just meant to be like that, you've got to accept it.

Modric however, should be playing at a bigger club, a level higher.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:43 pm

affraid
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:01 pm

The Professor wrote:
    Stimulus Package wrote:Depends, what sort of player would you say Modric is? Who would we be directly comparing him to in the EPL, like for like?

Actually there are not many players like him. I'd compare him to Hleb. Benayoun is not that dissimilar, but he's more of a forward. They don't get u a lot of goals and assists, but they run your attack.

In terms of minutes on the pitch Benyanoon does quite well doesn't he?

You compare everyone you like to Hleb. So let's extend the boundaries - outside the EPL, what players do you think there are like Modric? What exactly is it about his role and style that you enjoy and respect?
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:21 pm

can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 5 Pavlyuchenko-Modri_1383115c

Sad

Saints Avatar! lol!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:34 pm

The Professor wrote:
    Spider Crouch wrote:

Rolling Eyes

We don't have to wait Mr Pele. Spurs as u know will always remain a level below the big boys. That's where they are destined to be. Some things are just meant to be like that, you've got to accept it.

Modric however, should be playing at a bigger club, a level higher.

Laugh For shit stirring, that's not bad at all

Nothing else needs to be said other than you won't be celebrating St Totteringham's day anytime soon.

Think about it,

and have a nice day Ale
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:
    The Professor wrote:

In terms of minutes on the pitch Benyanoon does quite well doesn't he?

You compare everyone you like to Hleb. So let's extend the boundaries - outside the EPL, what players do you think there are like Modric? What exactly is it about his role and style that you enjoy and respect?

Hleb provides the perfect example of what can happen when a player thinks they are too good for their club.

Modric - by all accounts - is a down to earth , hard working and clever chap. Moving to a club like Barca, Chelsea, Liverpool or even Arsenal would be dangerous considering the quality they already have in midfield.

Realistically, the club who would suit him most would probably be Manchester United, as their midfield is not particularly strong at the moment.

But then Manchester United have a history of robbing our best players in recent years, so whether Levy would be willing to deal with them again or not remains to be seen - it would require Modric pulling a Berbatovesque sulk for him to move anytime soon.

Besides, we might finish above United this year anyway Whistle Wink
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:50 pm

Modric is far from a "clever chap", he is the total opposite, he is his agents puppet. THEY chose for him to go to Spurs, not him, i could easily see them deciding it's time to move on to bigger money if he has a successful season.

0trick, you have this habit of seeing players how you want them to be rather than how they are. <Ale>
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:54 pm

Kimbo wrote:Modric is far from a "clever chap", he is the total opposite, he is his agents puppet. THEY chose for him to go to Spurs, not him, i could easily see them deciding it's time to move on to bigger money if he has a successful season.

0trick, you have this habit of seeing players how you want them to be rather than how they are. <Ale>

What are you on about Dimbo?

If anything, it was his club who pushed him in the direction of Spurs when we bid 16million for him, not his agents.

And he is a clever chap: I saw him win a spelling bee on Spurs TV. So up yours Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:58 pm

3 words, the Mamic brothers. <Ale>
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Modric plays a more attacking role. He has shown unbelievable control when tightly marked or closed down. He also has this ability to run with the ball into channels and angles where he can't be fouled (this is also true with likes of Arshavin, Hleb, Benayoun, Nasri, etc). It is not exactly pace they use, but they are still able to get past players.

That sort of a player is Modric. This is fast becoming a trademark of 'eastern european' playmakers. <Ale>
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Damien Duff is a genius though because he chose Newcastle over Spurs, right Question

*Nothing at all to do with Chelsea demanding twice as much off us for him as they did from you Rolling Eyes
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:04 pm

MadVillain™️ wrote:Damien Duff is a genius though because he chose Newcastle over Spurs, right Question

*Nothing at all to do with Chelsea demanding twice as much off us for him as they did from you Rolling Eyes

Spurs had a bid accepted Kris, try again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:11 am