Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
S4P
Super Progress
Romford Pele
Jaime
Di Caniooooo!
rosenthal
blutgraetsche
The Pröfessör
Brian2468
christmasborocooper
Parks lives
fcb
Kimbo
Fey
Hlebagone
Tweesus
L r dd
Deano
Dwarf
Aristoskank
debaser
Isco Benny
Deluded F*ck™
Fade out
gone
Axeslammer
Glenarch of the Glen
31 posters

can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Poll

can they? hmm?

[ 21 ]
    can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 4 Bar_left54%can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 4 Bar_right [54%] 
    [ 18 ]
    can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 4 Bar_left46%can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 4 Bar_right [46%] 

Total Votes: 39
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 4 Empty Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by The Pröfessör Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:38 pm

lol!

I have to say I'm surprised at some of the ratings.

Both TS and Lrd giving Bendtner a 7, that was a surprise, but it shows they both know their stuff <Ale>
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL? - Page 4 Empty Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Fade out Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:40 pm

L r dd wrote:
    Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Yeah 2 goals vs Man utd. (almost a 3 if not for Vidic fouling from behind)

Winning goal vs West Brom, Hull, and Newcastle.

Assisted at least half of Arshavin goals vs Liverpool, and the exquisite lob pass to RVP in the home game.

Played brilliantly against Chelsea away, Spurs home and away, and Roma home (MOTM in this tie).

Helped them finish 4th. Where did Spurs finish? Razz

He helped a side challenging for the title scrape to 4th? great Doh

Not his fault paedo didn't sign good defenders and defensive midfielders.

He is an attacking player, and they scored a lot of goals. It's always their defence that faultered. When Gallas and Clichy were injured, the numpty played a novice at leftback against you lot in CL. The lad slipped, and the tie was effectively over. Laughing
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:44 pm

The Professor wrote:lol!

Both TS and Lrd giving Bendtner a 7, that was a surprise, but it shows they both know their stuff <Ale>

I've always rated Bentdner, and agree with you about his potential - Me & Pierre don't agree on everything Wink
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:46 pm

Let me also add that I rate players with better first touch, close control, passing and vision. I'll always rate Nasri, and Modric above less talented English pace merchants like Lennon and Walmart.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:52 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Let me also add that I rate players with better first touch, close control, passing and vision. I'll always rate Nasri, and Modric above less talented English pace merchants like Lennon and Walmart.

How dare you compare Lennon's touch & control to Walmart's! Grr

Lennon's 1st touch is exceptional, my 1st memory of him playing for us is him instantly controlling a 50 yard pass, and proceeding to jink past 2/3 players.

Then he tried to cross it... Whistle Sad
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:54 pm

debaser wrote:This thread is bringing out all the agendas.

Nothing like breaking down players to a single number Smile

It even beats copious use of >>>>

Pffft, this thread >>>> any of your threads

Ale
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Let me also add that I rate players with better first touch, close control, passing and vision. I'll always rate Nasri, and Modric above less talented English pace merchants like Lennon and Walmart.

cheers

Sacre bleu Rolling Eyes

You're right about Lennon's passing and vision - not in Modric's league,

but he's 21 and similar accusations have always been made about Ronaldo, and he proved to be a useful player..

I'll iterate though, if you're trying to tell me Lennon hasn't got quality first touch, balance and ball control, then you're tres idiotique monsieur.

Walcott I won't comment on, because I haven't seen him as many times as I've seen Lennon.

And if you're talking about players with great passing ability, technique and vision, then Huddlestone is the best player at Spurs in this regards, even ahead of Modric.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:06 pm

MadVillain™️ wrote:
    The Professor wrote:lol!

I've always rated Bentdner, and agree with you about his potential - Me & Pierre don't agree on everything Wink

The guy is all potential, you can't give marks based on potential, it's gay.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:13 pm

if you're trying to tell me Lennon hasn't got quality first touch, balance and ball control, then you're tres idiotique monsieur.

Not "quality". Perhaps "able", resoundingly "decent", and such like would be better. But like most english players, it goes down to %. Pretty inconsistent IMO.

you're talking about players with great passing ability, technique and vision, then Huddlestone is the best player at Spurs in this regards, even ahead of Modric.

Flatly disagree. I have seen them both play, considerably amount of games to pass an opinion. Muddle plays in the middle, Modric plays a more attacking role. He has shown unbelievable control when tightly marked or closed down. He also has this ability to run with the ball into channels and angles where he can't be fouled (this is also true with likes of Arshavin, Hleb, Benayoun, Nasri, etc). It is not exactly pace they use, but they are still able to get past players.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Bendtner doesn't do it for me at all - touch of a rapist, nothing special in the air.

Unless he improves beyond all recognition in the next 2 years, I can see him playing at a club like Birmingham once wenger gets fed up with having an ageing 23 year old in the team and refusing to offer him more than a years contract
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Huddlestone is probably the most technically proficient english player at the moment ok
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:18 pm

Thought it was Wilshere until last week? Or ROoney prior to that.

See technical is overused around these parts.

What exact technique are we talking about? Control, shoot, pass, dribble, etc..
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:21 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Thought it was Wilshere until last week? Or ROoney prior to that.

You mean in places where snails and frogs legs aren't local delicacies, and where people bathe more than twice a month?
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:23 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:
    Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Thought it was Wilshere until last week? Or ROoney prior to that.

You mean in places where snails and frogs legs aren't local delicacies, and where people bathe more than twice a month?

Rolling Eyes
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:27 pm

Another pedestrian observation by Spider'douche'.

Bendtner...nothing special in the air.

I recollect he scored against Chelsea, Liverpool, and Spurs from headers.

You're unbelievably bad in your observations, and estimation of players. cyclops
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:31 pm

0trick is very hit and miss. ok
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:
    Spider Crouch wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Is that a yes?

You're right though, us uneducated English philistines wouldn't know the meaning of the word "technique" if it came along and hit us over the head with a slab of roast beef Ale

You have the most beautiful women in the world monsieur, so you know I'm just pulling your pecker
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:34 pm

You can't maintain a decent banter even if your life depended on it.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:35 pm

TS and TWERP need to calm down, they haven't won anything yet and the fixtures they won this season they also won last season. IF you keep saying it's your year there could be some very red faces come May, well not TS, but certainly TWERP and Alex Ferguson.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:44 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:You can't maintain a decent banter even if your life depended on it.

Gosh, you sound like an overly sensitive chap.

I apologise: I'm half continental myself.

And from journey's back to my second spiritual home of Hungary, one thing I have learnt is that Continental Europeans - be it Hungarians/French/Italians (so long as they are not from fair Saxon/Scandinavian heritage) - are 89.65% more likely to cry during Titanic.

So based on this scientific evidence, your reaction to my shameless stereotyping isn't altogether unsurprising.

Perhaps we'll meet again soon and can continue our duel.

Until then: adieu,

and keep telling yourself Bendtner is good in the air because he's managed to score 13% of the attempts he's had with his head.

Ale
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:Gosh, you sound like an overly sensitive chap...I'm half continental myself.

Amusing you should say that. But probably true, you always "tried" being an English stereotype than being one.

and keep telling yourself Bendtner is good in the air because he's managed to score 13% of the attempts he's had with his head.

Do you call this a comeback? That's pretty lame even for you. Wink
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:Gosh, you sound like an overly sensitive chap...I'm half continental myself.

Amusing you should say that. But probably true, you always "tried" being an English stereotype than being one.

The other half is Hungarian. Should give you clue about his obsession with Germany. Laughing
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:25 pm

Unflinching Frenchman, I think Pele may have the edge on you in regards to banter.

I stress maybe. Erm
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:26 pm

@Unflinching,

All that has been laid bare is 100percent factually correct dear boy.

You can't argue with science.

Bendtner is a tall Scandinavian chap - yes he has scored a handful of headed goals,

but I'm sure a man of your intelligence is aware of the law of probability: let me give you an example.

Dirk Kuyt is at a party. Dirk adopts a scattergun approach and chats up as many females as possible. Dirk ends up going home with 3 ladies. Does this make Dirk a ladies man, taking into account he actually approached 365 females in total, with 223 of those now undergoing counselling?

Not satisfied with this example? Okay, for an on the field comparison:

Peter Crouch has scored a handful of goals with his head.

Peter Crouch is a terrible headerer of the ball, but benefits from being tall. This is very simple.

And is also the case, monsieur, with Knickerless Bendtner.

Ping enough balls at the tall guy and eventually he'll score. Doesn't make him a good headerer of the ball.

And before you say Arsenal are not a team that rely on crosses - that may have been the case in 2004, but not anymore. Or at least not last season

Ale
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:27 pm

Rooney is technically better actually. Sorry, I probably didn't mean technique, I meant vision.

No one ever said wilshere had the best technique of an English player, that's just ridiculous.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Parks lives wrote:Unflinching Frenchman, I think Pele may have the edge on you in regards to banter.

I stress maybe. Erm

The man with "white pele" as his favorite cannot, is my point. Smile
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:29 pm

Who is the best headerer of the ball in an attacking sense in the EPL then?

Vidic?

Cahill?
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:29 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:

The other half is Hungarian. Should give you clue about his obsession with Germany. Laughing

Everything makes sense now. Very Happy
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Spider crouch,

No, you are wrong. Bendtner is good in the air, contrary to what you claim. A bad observation, simply put. He hasn't played a full season, but I still remember only the headed goals from Bendtner. Knickerless or not, his aerial ability is far higher than Crouch.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Spppppppppppppppuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrs Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:48 am