Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Deluded F*ck™
Xavier
Puro
Fade out
fcb
TheCrazy58
Sheffield gunner
Dwarf
christmasborocooper
S4P
Murray
Rosicky
Fey
COTR
Isco Benny
Chris 23*
Hlebagone
Kimbo
Sgoater1
Chocolate Thunder
Pierre Littbarski
Aristoskank
debaser
The Easter Bunny
Kroos
rosenthal
Luis
Glenarch of the Glen
Cesc Soler
33 posters

Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread

Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread

Post by Rosicky Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Luis wrote:Hard to give a fuck about this season anymore when we win at home and lose away, mid-table form.

Mid table manager and mid table players Ale
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread

Post by Luis Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks for your insight you big chinned c**t
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Luis wrote:Thanks for your insight you big chinned c**t

HAHAHAHA!! YOU LOST!! POOR ICKLE LEWIS!!! HO HO HO!!

etc etc Ale
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10247
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Luis wrote:Thanks for your insight you big chinned c**t

Bring back the sigs!!!!!!!!!!!!
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:07 pm

COTR wrote:Hodgson is a losing machine

He just keeps on banging them out

Smile

I'm guessing the injuries/suspensions excuses which are being used for Rafa won't be used for Roy? This is a team without Gerrard, Carragher, Agger and (for a large period of this season) Joe Cole.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:44 pm

S4P wrote:

Smile

I'm guessing the injuries/suspensions excuses which are being used for Rafa won't be used for Roy? This is a team without Gerrard, Carragher, Agger and (for a large period of this season) Joe Cole.

The team we put out should be beating an average Newcastle side in a state of dissaray. United would have gone there and won 4-0 today.

We've now lost more than we've won this season, are on course for our worst ever points total and wont get more than 2 away wins all season.

S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Are they in disarray? The owner has been a c**t and the fans appear very angered at the recent events, but their results and performances of late have been fairly impressive and, West Brom aside, they haven't been conceding many goals. Man Utd don't look as though they can score 4 past anyone away from home.

I will reiterate: You were missing your captain, a player Liverpool fans continuously tell us is one of the best midfielders in the world, your most experienced CB, your best (in my opinion, though I don't watch Liverpool anywhere near as much as you do) CB in Agger, Joe Cole is only just returning from injury. So to say it's a dreadful result is overstating it a bit. Plenty of teams will drop points at Newcastle this season.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Man City look good. Silva and Toure especially. But Silva is so obviously a central player, its annoying he doesnt play there. And how does Jo deserve to start over Johnson on the wing?

Becoming efficient though

Yeah, the culture shock is the reason for Balotelli's petulance. Laughing
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:14 pm

I was at the West Ham/Man City game today, my first chance to have a look at Balotelli in the flesh. I find him extraordinary. I think he has all the qualities to become one of, if not The most hated footballer in the world. He's got some weird attention span issues and has the demeanour of someone who's being forced to play football because his family are being held at gunpoint.

West Ham are the worst team I have seen for a long time, they may as well be Scott Parker + 10 cones. He's been linked with a move to Spurs in January and I think that might be a better deal for West Ham than for Spurs - Tottenham wont make best use of him while West Ham will have to build a team rather than rely on him covering for every position on the field.

He reminds me a lot of Steven Gerrard under Houllier, wherever the ball is Parker was usually the closest or 2nd closest West Ham player. Whenever a West Ham player was beaten it was Parker tracking back to cover for him, and whenever West Ham got forward it was Parker who was making the play and then getting forward as an option. Absolutely stunning player and you can see why he is so highly rated by Hammers.

Man City really surprised me, they were excellent, even without Tevez and playing the first hour with 10 men half the time as Balotelli spent at least 30 minutes standing on the halfway line with his hands on his hips watching. I don't think City would miss Tevez as much as is touted, his goalscoring record is amazing but they can certainly replace him and their status as genuine title challengers will open up a new tier of players they can attract.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:51 am

Just seen MOTD - Hodgson's frantic face rubbing lol!

Good to see Sulzeer still has the old magic Rolling Eyes

Torres still not match-fit I see Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Tchoyi nearly curled one in for the 3rd week on the trot!
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC

Post by Cesc Soler Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Just seen MOTD - Hodgson's frantic face rubbing lol!
    Premier League 11th-13th December Discussion Thread - Page 4 Imager

Smile
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:42 pm

S4P wrote:

Smile

Is this some sort of joke ?

He has had Torres, Gerrard and Carragher available to him for the vast majority of the season. Them playing didn't stop him from becoming a losing machine.

He didn't even play Agger when he was fit. He has only ever played at left back under Roy

Cole was available yesterday but deservedly on the bench.

We actually played ok yesterday but Roy just seems clueless about how to approach away games while he sits on the bench rubbing his chin. His record away from home at each club he has been at and now Liverpool is truly appalling.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:44 pm

It cant help that the team is shit though.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:01 pm

COTR wrote:
    S4P wrote:

Smile

He has had Torres, Gerrard and Carragher available to him for the vast majority of the season. Them playing didn't stop him from becoming a losing machine.

He didn't even play Agger when he was fit. He has only ever played at left back under Roy

We actually played ok yesterday but Roy just seems clueless about how to approach away games while he sits on the bench rubbing his chin. His record away from home at each club he has been at and now Liverpool is truly appalling.

What's the point in playing Agger on the brief occasions when he's fit? Spurs just about get away with doing that with King, but the only category where Agger matches King is injury-proneness.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:03 pm

I see Downing scored again. He's having one of those seasons where he's the man for his club. Two brilliant crosses from Albrighton too. Get them in the England side ok
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Downing owes Albrighton a lot. I swear nearly all his goals have been the same - Albrighton cross to the back post with Downing on hand to put it in however he can (one was even a header!). There was one blast from outside box.

But yes overall he has stepped up big time this season - as would have hoped. Last year was a tough one with moving to a new club and missing first half of season injured. The system Houllier plays probably allows him to get forward more too, he wouldn't get into the box much last year.

He'll have to step up even more when Young goes Sad

and yep, both should be in England squad on form this season. Lennon's been mostly crap, Walcott started well but quickly regressed back to his normal 15 min cameos of inept decision-making and Milner/Jinky are now perma-subs at $ity.
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:06 pm

COTR wrote:
    S4P wrote:

Smile

My point is that Gerrard has played either as many (or fewer league games) for you as Milito, Sneijder and Eto'o have played for Inter yet you keep popping up in the Benitez threads informing us of how Benitez has been affected badly by injuries.

COTR wrote:He didn't even play Agger when he was fit. He has only ever played at left back under Roy

Overlooking this contradiction, he's played 9 times this season. Given how injury prone he is, that's better than most would have predicted (certainly after reading your comment).

Joe Cole was being lauded by Liverpool fans on here at the start of the season. We were all informed about what a key player he would be this season. Sadly for him, he's spent a lot of it on the treatment, leaving Hodgson without one of his key players for large periods.
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:46 pm

S4P wrote:
    Joe Cole was being lauded by Liverpool fans on here at the start of the season. We were all informed about what a key player he would be this season. Sadly for him, he's spent a lot of it on the treatment, leaving Hodgson without one of his key players for large periods.

Then they were mad, it was obvious what was going to happe with Cole.

http://www.betexplorer.com/soccer/england/english-premier-league-2010-2011/

3rd in the home table, 17th in the away table.

Fulham were 8th in the home table and 15th in the away table last year, but as it's Fulham nothing gets said when they finish mid table.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Bolton down to 10 men and under plenty of Blackburn pressure, but Muamba has just given them the lead with a low left-footed shot at the near post.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Muamba might be turning into a better footballer than most people currently givee him credit for...
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:11 pm

My point is that Gerrard has played either as many (or fewer league games) for you as Milito, Sneijder and Eto'o have played for Inter yet you keep popping up in the Benitez threads informing us of how Benitez has been affected badly by injuries.

Inter have had a major injury crisis throughout their entire team. Surely to god you aren't comparing that with us losing Gerrard for a game or two. I'm sure you can guess my views on Carragher's injury. Roy has been able to pick his strongest side, or something approaching it more often than not this season.

Overlooking this contradiction, he's played 9 times this season. Given how injury prone he is, that's better than most would have predicted (certainly after reading your comment).

Your first point was that he hasn't really had Agger available to him, now you are saying this ?

As I said Roy has been playing Agger as a left back, picking Carragher and Skrtel over him so his injury hasn't really impacted on Roy, especially considering Soto has been our best defender this season when he has played. I've no idea if Roy will keep Agger on the bench when he returns.

I also thought Cole would be a key player for us but in his 12 games so far he is yet to have any meaningful positive impact on a game. Maxi has taken his place on merit.
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Awesome. Diouf scores for Blackburn, but Holden replies within 15 seconds of the restart to give Bolton the lead again. Fat Sam looks speechless for once.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Bolton 2 - 1 lol!
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Dwarf wrote:
    Then they were mad, it was obvious what was going to happe with Cole.

http://www.betexplorer.com/soccer/england/english-premier-league-2010-2011/

3rd in the home table, 17th in the away table.

Fulham were 8th in the home table and 15th in the away table last year, but as it's Fulham nothing gets said when they finish mid table.

1 win in his last 27 away league games

13 wins in 107 away league games overall in England

There can't be too many other managers in the league with a record as poor as that. Pretty damning stuff especially if you consider the true test of a manager's ability comes in tougher away games where his tactics will have the greatest impact on the team. NESV need to hire an experienced winner. Hanging on to Roy and hoping he is suddenly going to improve on 35 years of averageness is just not going to work.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Pav cheers

What a player
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Pav gives Spurs the lead. It was a very nicely worked goal and a good low finish. Defoe might have been offside in the build up, and Chelsea's defending was very lax. They gave Pav far too much time to control and shoot, and not one defender got close to him.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:20 pm

ramires-mikel

half of the bundesliga teams could dominate this midfield Very Happy
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:22 pm

How the hell was Essien not sent off for that tackle on Bale? That's a bloody leg breaker Grr
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:23 pm

omg chelsea are long ball hoofers
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Kroos wrote:ramires-mikel

half of the bundesliga teams could dominate this midfield Very Happy

More than half of the Premier League teams already do.

--------------------------

One thing I never understand when watching Spurs: why do teams give them so much space to play? Even in this match, Modric always has plenty of time in the centre to control the ball and choose a pass. Spurs' lines are always spread out, with the likes of Defoe dropping in to fill the gaps...but if your own team can make use of the ball efficiently and your strikers get in good positions, you should be able to kill them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:58 pm