Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
shazlx
TITO
stinger
BoBo Vieri 32
Super Progress
Pierre Littbarski
Sgoater1
Calidad
Cesc Soler
fcb
Tarun
Isco Benny
Jaime
Ä
Xavier
blutgraetsche
Fey
abundance
Pras_tama
bluenine
Red n' Black
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Hlebagone
gone
Murray
29 posters

Calcio Mercato Summer 2011

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Calcio Mercato Summer 2011 - Page 6 Empty Re: Calcio Mercato Summer 2011

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 am

Tarun wrote:Yeah! Marotta has got his act together this time, of couse also helped by the Agnellis providing him a sizable war-chest. Vucinic's arrival could possibly be the end of the hunt for a top LW...preferably Vargas. He and Krasic would be an awesome pair on the wings. Latest is that the Viola want 18Mn in cash

I would rather go for another RB as we already have De Ceglie on the left to back up Ziegler. There has already been some talk of Diego Lugano of Fenerbache for the CB position and at just 3Mn he looks like a good option for a back up. But I would hate to see Bonucci been sold as it is being rumored

IMO Litchsteiner > Ziegler & Sorensen > De Ceglie

I was very impressed with young Sorensen last season, specially in the game against us... very few players can keep Eto'o so quiet, and he managed that as a teen! He may even have future as a CB.

I hear the Vargas rumours, and those do scare me... always rated Vargas, hopefully the Vucinic purchase ends Juve's pursuit of Vargas.

Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:31 am

Sneijder sold to Man City???
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Midget is playing in the supercup right now so if Inter had agreed to sell him I don't think they would risk playing him
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:28 pm

MILAN
    IN: Mexes, Taiwo, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Zigoni, Ferreira
    OUT: Pirlo, Legrottaglie, Papastathopoulos, Onyewu, Jankulovski, Merkel, Astori, Albertazzi, Coppola, Strasser

INTER
    IN: [Gasperini], Nagatomo, Viviano, Alvarez, Castaignos, Jonathan
    OUT: [Leonardo], Materazzi, Suazo, Muntari, Midget

JUVENTUS
    IN: Pirlo, Ziegler, [Conte], Lichsteiner, Pazienza, Matri, Quagliarella, Pepe, Motta, Ekdal, Almiron, Vidal, Vucinic
    OUT: [Del Neri], Paolucci, Aquilani, Salihamidzic, Tiago, Melo, Sissoko

ROMA
    IN: [Enrique], Bertolacci, Bojan, Guberti, Curci, Rosi, Nego, Lamela, Jose Angel, Heinze, Stekelenburg
    OUT: Mexes, [Montella], Riise, Doni, Menez, Julio Sergio, Vucinic

FIORENTINA
    IN: Romulo, Munari, Lazzari
    OUT: Santana, Mutu, Donadel, Montolivo, D'Agostino, Cerci, Frey

PARMA
    IN: Borini, Biabiany, Blasi, Santacroce, Pelle, Sansone, Fabio Nunes, Rubin
    OUT: Rossi, Castellini, Dzemaili, Paci, Pisano

PALERMO
    IN: Cetto, Simon, Pisano, Milanovic, [Pioli], Lanzafame, Labrin, Munari, Zahavi, Mantovani, Lores
    OUT: [Rossi]
    , Kasami, Pastore, Goian, Sirigu

NAPOLI
    IN:
    Santana, Donadel, Fernandez, Dzemaili, Mannini, Rosati, Inler, Britos, Colombo
    OUT: Pazienza, Santacroce, Blasi, Cribari, Sosa, Mannini

GENOA
    IN: [Malesani], Papastathopoulos, Birsa, Kranjc, Lupatelli, Pratto, Seymour, Zima, Granqvist, Merkel, Forestieri, Acquafresca, Constant, Ribas, Frey
    OUT: Rafinha, Konko, Criscito, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Acqufresca, Papastathopoulos, Milanetto

LAZIO
    IN: Klose, Konko, Lulic, Marchetti, Stankevicius, Cana, Cisse
    OUT: Lichsteiner, Muslera

UDINESE
    IN: D'Agostino, Barreto, Denis, Doubai, Sissoko, Fabbrini, Larrangeira, Neuton
    OUT: Sanchez, Inler, Forestieri, D'Agostino, Zapata
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:18 am

That newly-rich Russian club Anzhi Makhachaka have made Inter an offer for Etoo, and are offering the player a salary of (reportedly) 20m euros a year!!! Etoo has accepted the offer (though his agent claims the 20m number is exaggerated) and now it's up to Inter to negotiate the transfer fee with Anzhi. They are asking for 30m euros (Etoo has 1 year left on his contract).

Will Inter really sell both Sneijder and Etoo? Is Moratti that concerned about FFP? Both are certainly on ridiculously high wages (each on 10m euros or more a year, correct?)
    Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:45 am

Not sure what Moratti and company are trying to do here! Unless they have some competent replacements lined up?

fcb wrote:That newly-rich Russian club Anzhi Makhachaka have made Inter an offer for Etoo, and are offering the player a salary of (reportedly) 20m euros a year!!! Etoo has accepted the offer (though his agent claims the 20m number is exaggerated) and now it's up to Inter to negotiate the transfer fee with Anzhi. They are asking for 30m euros (Etoo has 1 year left on his contract).

Will Inter really sell both Sneijder and Etoo? Is Moratti that concerned about FFP? Both are certainly on ridiculously high wages (each on 10m euros or more a year, correct?)
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Is Eto'o really stupid enough to go to Anzhi Machakalakalakalakalakalkala?

And Midget wants to leave too.

It's like rats deserting a sinking ship.
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:51 pm

MILAN
    OUT: Pirlo, Legrottaglie, Papastathopoulos, Onyewu, Jankulovski, Merkel, Astori, Albertazzi, Coppola, Strasser, Paloschi

INTER
    OUT: [Leonardo], Materazzi, Suazo, Muntari, Midget, Eto'o

JUVENTUS
    IN: Pirlo, Ziegler, [Conte], Lichsteiner, Pazienza, Matri, Quagliarella, Pepe, Motta, Ekdal, Almiron, Vidal, Vucinic

ROMA
    IN: [Enrique], Bertolacci, Bojan, Guberti, Curci, Rosi, Nego, Lamela, Jose Angel, Heinze, Stekelenburg

FIORENTINA
    IN: Romulo, Munari, Lazzari
    OUT: Santana, Mutu, Donadel, Montolivo, D'Agostino, Cerci, Frey

PARMA

PALERMO
    IN: Cetto, Simon, Pisano, Milanovic, [Pioli], Lanzafame, Labrin, Munari, Zahavi, Mantovani, Lores, Silvestre
    , Kasami, Pastore, Goian, Sirigu, Lanzafame

NAPOLI
    IN:

GENOA
    IN: [Malesani], Papastathopoulos, Birsa, Kranjc, Lupatelli, Pratto, Seymour, Zima, Granqvist, Merkel, Forestieri, Acquafresca, Constant, Ribas, Frey
    OUT: Rafinha, Konko, Criscito, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Acqufresca, Papastathopoulos, Milanetto

LAZIO

UDINESE

Last edited by Murray on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Murray wrote:Is Eto'o really stupid enough to go to Anzhi Machakalakalakalakalakalkala?

And Midget wants to leave too.

It's like rats deserting a sinking ship.
    Sad

I almost wish it is them who wants to leave, but so far it looks like its Inter who wants to cash in on them Sad
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Well, I kind of see Moratti's view here - there's been lots of stories about Inter's serious problems with meeting the FFP requirements. It's not surprising either - they have a big squad full of foreign players and older players (although it's slowly changing now), their wage bill must be ridiculous.

And historically they've been terrible at transfers. The Zlatan/Etoo deal was a stupid gift from Barça that allowed them to reset themselves, but its benefits have probably worn off by now.

Etoo is 30 and earning 10-12m euros a year, Sneijder is 27 and probably earning about the same. Getting 65m euros for both of them, buying replacements for half that amount, and getting the wages reduced significantly, does make sense. They don't have any other "soft" factors going for them either - neither are associated deeply with Inter, and in Sneijder's case, he doesn't even fit ideally in the new manager's system.

In Etoo's case, I don't blame him for choosing to accept the money. In fact, not accepting this deal would be stupid. The usual "he's a mercenary who doesn't really care about his career, just the money" doesn't apply any more.

He's already achieved everything he can in football, he may as well try to be a hero for Anzhi. It's not going to affect his national team chances either. He has 2/3 years left in his career, and it's a huge pay increase - take it and cash in.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:04 pm

Yeah they have well-documented problems. So do a few others (including Barcelona, though not severe ones):

Calcio Mercato Summer 2011 - Page 6 712al10

Normally, I would experience schadenfreude to see Inter in this position. However, given how weak Serie A has become, it is a shame to see more star players leaving Serie A. I think selling Eto'o would be great business.

Selling Sneijder not so much.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:52 am

In Inter's case I think they will buy good replacements.

The biggest shame was the Udinese owners cashing in on their 3 best players and then reinvesting the cash in a newly promoted La Liga team.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:18 am

Forza, you are right about Inter facing serious FFP issues... not sure how accurate those figures are, but they do not look too far from the truth.

In this environment, it is understandable why Inter are considering the sales of Eto'o & Sneijder... Replacing these two with cheaper players at less than half the wage bill will go a long way in helping us achieve FFP standards. Perhaps we should cash in on Maicon as well, if anyone offers over 15m for him. I can also understand why Inter are so desperate to sell Pandev, Mariga, Rivas & Muntari... these players no longer add anything to the squad, and getting rid of their wages must be on top of Branca's agenda.

An era has ended, we just have to come in terms with that. Lets focus on that glass which is half full, the beginning of a new era... with younger, talented players like Alvarez, Nagatomo, Jonathan, Coutinho, Pazzini, Castaignos, Ranocchia, Obi, Viviano, etc... Inter have been heavily investing on youth even for the primavera, the Barca model seems to be the direction we clearly are aiming for... sure, it will take 2-3 years of heartbreak to achieve something with this strategy, but I guess we do not have a choice on this one. I had written an article on this one much before these rumours about Eto'o came up... http://footballspeak.com/post/2011/07/13/Doing-a-%E2%80%9CBarcelona%E2%80%9D-without-risking-an-%E2%80%9CArsenal%E2%80%9D.aspx

I don't blame Moratti for this, coz I don't see this as his reluctance to spend money now that he has achived european glory... rather I see this as something forced upon him, and he is trying his best to meet the new guidelines. Inter, and all other similar top clubs in Italy and Europe, will no longer be able to rely so heavily on rich patrons to achieve success.

The world is changing. We just have to deal with the new reality.
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:58 pm

fcb wrote:And historically they've been terrible at transfers. The Zlatan/Etoo deal was a stupid gift from Barça that allowed them to reset themselves, but its benefits have probably worn off by now.

I can agree only if by "historically" you mean "some good years ago" =)

I'd say that since the Cuper period and the subsequent Branca/Mancini reboot we've been pretty smart for a big fat club - at least at buying.
    The triplete squad (not only the late additions under Mourinho but also the Mancini's era backbone) was assembled in a very cost-effective way imho.

I'll admit we've been totally inept at selling smart just right until the Ibra's swap (40m profit).
    Which btw doesn't seem to be a one-off since we got 30m of pure profit from Balotelli the next year and could add 30~40m this year from Eto'o and Wes.

We still have troubles selling well the excess fringe players, like any other club whih pays wages too high, but that's gonna change too since we plainly can't grant those wages anymore to new players.
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Anyway, we're still going forward to substantial downsizing, we can't act delusional about that.

@blue, yeah I'd love to hope we're going towards a Barca's cantera model, but what that model needs to be successful at senior level?
    - much technical stability
    - getting hold of your best youth products even if they're top class market targets
    - splashing for a top-tier transfer every market season

we're not too good at the first one, and we just can't afford anymore the latter two.

I think we're going more towards a Udinese/French clubs/Eredivisie model, ie nurturers & sellers.
    We have to be sellers because it's the only area we can hope to grow revenue to sustain operative and transfer budgets under FFP (being that we have absolutely no plans yet for stadium/commercial estate and branding/merchandise).

At our size we can still hope to win something in Italy and do good abroad if we operate smartly, so as a grateful supporter I ought to keep faith

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:30 pm

abundance wrote:Anyway, we're still going forward to substantial downsizing, we can't act delusional about that.

@blue, yeah I'd love to hope we're going towards a Barca's cantera model, but what that model needs to be successful at senior level?
    - much technical stability
    - getting hold of your best youth products even if they're top class market targets
    - splashing for a top-tier transfer every market season

we're not too good at the first one, and we just can't afford anymore the latter two.

I think we're going more towards a Udinese/French clubs/Eredivisie model, ie nurturers & sellers.
    We have to be sellers because it's the only area we can hope to grow revenue to sustain operative and transfer budgets under FFP (being that we have absolutely no plans yet for stadium/commercial estate and branding/merchandise).

At our size we can still hope to win something in Italy and do good abroad if we operate smartly, so as a grateful supporter I ought to keep faith

Legge Crimi is still blocked Sad. If that legislation doesn't get passed, or if clubs don't reach agreements with city councils individually a la Juve, I really fear for my beloved Italian football Sad.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:16 pm

abundance wrote:
    fcb wrote:And historically they've been terrible at transfers. The Zlatan/Etoo deal was a stupid gift from Barça that allowed them to reset themselves, but its benefits have probably worn off by now.

I can agree only if by "historically" you mean "some good years ago" =)

I'd say that since the Cuper period and the subsequent Branca/Mancini reboot we've been pretty smart for a big fat club - at least at buying.
    The triplete squad (not only the late additions under Mourinho but also the Mancini's era backbone) was assembled in a very cost-effective way imho.

I'll admit we've been totally inept at selling smart just right until the Ibra's swap (40m profit).
    Which btw doesn't seem to be a one-off since we got 30m of pure profit from Balotelli the next year and could add 30~40m this year from Eto'o and Wes.

We still have troubles selling well the excess fringe players, like any other club whih pays wages too high, but that's gonna change too since we plainly can't grant those wages anymore to new players.

Yup, Inter were terrible at transfers in the first half of Moratti's era, I would say till about 2002-2003. Since then, Inter have gradually gotten smarter in the transfer market to the level that the last few year we have actually made profit from it.

To put some numbers to it, Inter net loss from transfers in the first 7 years of the Moratti era (till 2002) was Eur 48m per year!! In the 9 years since then, the net loss from transfers has been Eur 5.4m per year. In the last two years, Inter have actually made a net profit from transfers of about Eur 30m!! I guess this summer, Inter will probabkly double that figure.

Whats hurting Inter the most are the wages, which were more than our total revenues at about Eur 230m in 2009! Bringing that figure down by at least 40% is imperative for Inter, and hence some of the higher wage earners are being sacrificed. It really hurts when shite like Muntari and Pandev keep refusing offers to move, if Inter could get rid of all the deadweight then maybe we could retain some of our stars...
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:33 pm

MILAN
    OUT: Pirlo, Legrottaglie, Papastathopoulos, Onyewu, Jankulovski, Merkel, Astori, Albertazzi, Coppola, Strasser, Paloschi

INTER
    OUT: [Leonardo], Materazzi, Suazo, Muntari, Mariga, Midget or Eto'o

JUVENTUS

ROMA

FIORENTINA
    IN: Romulo, Munari, Lazzari, Kharja
    OUT: Santana, Mutu, Donadel, D'Agostino, Frey, Montolivo, Cerci, Gilardino

PARMA

PALERMO
    IN: Cetto, Simon, Pisano, Milanovic, [Pioli], Lanzafame, Labrin, Munari, Zahavi, Mantovani, Lores, Silvestre
    , Kasami, Pastore, Goian, Sirigu, Lanzafame

NAPOLI
    IN:

GENOA
    IN: [Malesani], Papastathopoulos, Birsa, Kranjc, Lupatelli, Pratto, Seymour, Zima, Granqvist, Merkel, Forestieri, Acquafresca, Constant, Ribas, Frey, Gilardino
    OUT: Rafinha, Konko, Criscito, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Acqufresca, Papastathopoulos, Milanetto, Kharja

LAZIO

UDINESE
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Does anyone know about deadline for current transfer window in Italy August 31st?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:46 pm

One of the most mental transfers of all time is done. Etoo to Anzhi Makhachakhala for a fee of around 25-27m euros, and a salary for him of around 20m euros a year. Medical and official confirmation by tomorrow.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Normally I would criticise a player in a move like his but fair play to Eto'o he's already won everything to win so why not cash in?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:19 pm

No, I agree with you exactly...if I was in his shoes, I would move too. As I posted earlier, it's not as if he's risking his spot in the national team either.

Just an odd move overall because it's still so rare for a top level player to move to a nothing club so purely for money. There's usually some other factor to mask it, like a chance to win more, or be at a bigger club, or a connection with the manager, etc. etc. This is just pure 100% money and nobody is denying it.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Surprised more than anything that Inter would sell him. I guess they still have Milito and Pazzini.
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Eto'o is bonkers. Machakalakala is such a dangerous place that their players have to live in Moscow and fly in for home games.
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Latest: Eto'o to Anzhi, Bovo to Genoa

M
    ILAN
    IN: Mexes, Taiwo, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Zigoni, Ferreira, Aquilani

INTER
    OUT: [Leonardo], Materazzi, Suazo, Eto'o, Muntari, Mariga

JUVENTUS

ROMA

FIORENTINA
    IN: Romulo, Munari, Lazzari, Kharja
    OUT: Santana, Mutu, Donadel, D'Agostino, Frey, Montolivo, Cerci, Gilardino

PARMA

PALERMO
    , Kasami, Pastore, Goian, Sirigu, Lanzafame, Bovo

NAPOLI
    IN:

GENOA
    IN: [Malesani], Papastathopoulos, Birsa, Kranjc, Lupatelli, Pratto, Seymour, Zima, Granqvist, Merkel, Forestieri, Acquafresca, Constant, Ribas, Frey, Bovo, Gilardino
    OUT: Rafinha, Konko, Criscito, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Acqufresca, Papastathopoulos, Milanetto, Kharja

LAZIO

UDINESE
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155

Post by TITO Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:36 pm

For a 20 million a year, he can make them play where he wants, even in Moscow.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Jaimito el Crack wrote:Surprised more than anything that Inter would sell him. I guess they still have Milito and Pazzini.
    Inter have saved about Eur 100m over the next 3 years, I guess in the FFP environment, that was irresistable for Inter.

@Kas, I guess another factor that pushed Eto'o was probably that Inter really wanted to sell him.
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:42 pm

fcb wrote:No, I agree with you exactly...if I was in his shoes, I would move too.
    Really? Thats sad. You're already a multi-millionaire and will continue to earn millions of pounds a year at a genuinely big club in Europe (Inter or other) why would you want even more money?
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Transfer fee was only €21m according to BBC
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:05 pm

I would do the same thing too if I could because he can do something with that money that is much more important than football.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:13 am