Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
shazlx
TITO
stinger
BoBo Vieri 32
Super Progress
Pierre Littbarski
Sgoater1
Calidad
Cesc Soler
fcb
Tarun
Isco Benny
Jaime
Ä
Xavier
blutgraetsche
Fey
abundance
Pras_tama
bluenine
Red n' Black
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Hlebagone
gone
Murray
29 posters

Calcio Mercato Summer 2011

Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Calcio Mercato Summer 2011 - Page 7 Empty Re: Calcio Mercato Summer 2011

Post by Jaime Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:46 am

bluenine wrote:
    Jaimito el Crack wrote:Surprised more than anything that Inter would sell him. I guess they still have Milito and Pazzini.
    Inter have saved about Eur 100m over the next 3 years, I guess in the FFP environment, that was irresistable for Inter.

@Kas, I guess another factor that pushed Eto'o was probably that Inter really wanted to sell him.

How is that possible?
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:07 am

shazlx wrote:
    fcb wrote:No, I agree with you exactly...if I was in his shoes, I would move too.
    Really? Thats sad. You're already a multi-millionaire and will continue to earn millions of pounds a year at a genuinely big club in Europe (Inter or other) why would you want even more money?

I have only 3-4 years left in my career, after that I may never make money again (admittedly not universally true nowadays since many footballers do end up doing commentary, coaching, etc. nowadays).

Whatever I've made so far, plus what I make in the next 3-4 years, will have to last so that I can live my life and support my family for the next 40 years. And keep in mind the lifestyle that I (and they) are used to.

If you give me a 50% bonus on what I earn now, my total net worth has the chance to increase from (for example) 50m to 60m. A 20% increase in just 3 years. May sound ridiculous to ordinary people for whom 50m is enough for 10 lifetimes, but for me that 10m will make a big difference.

Add in things like I don't really get on with the current coach, he has a weird tactical system where I don't quite fit, I've already achieved everything at club level and am not going to achieve anything more with this Inter anyway...the "you're at a big club so why do you want to move" argument doesn't work now...so what's my motivation to stay in Italy?

---------------

Having said all that, the BBC reports that the actual transfer fee is only 21m euros, and Etoo will not be earning 20m, but instead 10m a year. Less than Ronaldo and Messi (and probably Kaka). That makes the move quite bizarre then, because none of these arguments about making more money would apply.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:59 pm

The problem with this transfer is that Eto'o is far from being finished. Like many other strikers, he still has a lot to offer on the highest level. Most strikers become truly world class at a relatively late stage of their career. Experience is far more important up front than it is on many other positions. Besides, Eto'o still seems pretty fit to me.

He could have moved to a more competitive league, I bet various clubs would have been interested. Probably earned slightly less, but seriously, he has already earned more than he could spend.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:22 pm

Jaimito el Crack wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    Jaimito el Crack wrote:Surprised more than anything that Inter would sell him. I guess they still have Milito and Pazzini.
    Inter have saved about Eur 100m over the next 3 years, I guess in the FFP environment, that was irresistable for Inter.

@Kas, I guess another factor that pushed Eto'o was probably that Inter really wanted to sell him.

How is that possible?
    The reported 27m as transfer free, plus the next 3 years of pretax wages that we would have had to pay Eto'o at 24m per year. That makes Inter 99m better of in 3 years.

As you can see, its not the transfer fee that is attracting Inter, we just cannot afford to pay his wages anymore...
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:24 pm

I have just writen a long article analysing Milan's transfer startegy, tactics, and how it all fits... Do read and I would love to hear your comments there or here....

The final piece in Milan's jigsaw
    http://footballspeak.com/post/2011/08/24/The-final-pieces-in-Milans-jigsaw.aspx

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:00 pm

Solid article.

One minor quibble: Leonardo didn't grudgingly take the job at Milan. In fact, he took it with some naive alacrity. It was the perfect opportunity for him to get his feet wet in a familiar set up. Though given how unedifying his departure was, he must have been ruing the day he decided to come on board.

Also, I don't share your optimism. With Aquilani our jigsaw is still incomplete. We would benefit from someone like Kaka (as you point out). If we had Sneijder, I would be thrilled. Also, I don't think Serie A is a foregone conclusion. The key will be how quickly Gasperini finds his feet with Inter.

If you want I can reproduce this on your blog in the comments section. Keep up the good work.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:32 pm

I don't understand why you seem to be keen on Kaka. You must be still thinking of him with rose tinted glasses, as the player who for 2 years was the best in the world for you. He's no longer even a shadow of that player. Move on and look for something else, don't waste your money on his ridiculous wages.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:45 pm

fcb wrote:I don't understand why you seem to be keen on Kaka. You must be still thinking of him with rose tinted glasses, as the player who for 2 years was the best in the world for you. He's no longer even a shadow of that player. Move on and look for something else, don't waste your money on his ridiculous wages.

I agree with you to an extent.

I am looking towards Kaka because given our current management that is the most realistic transfer. If it were up to me I would have signed Pastore or Cesc. However, I will have to make do with Kaka.

I still think he can offer us something though not as much as the 2007 version, obviously.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Latest: Aquilani to Milan, Eto'o to Anzhi, Bovo to Genoa

M
    ILAN
    IN: Mexes, Taiwo, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Zigoni, Ferreira, Aquilani
    OUT: Pirlo, Legrottaglie, Papastathopoulos, Onyewu, Jankulovski, Merkel, Astori, Albertazzi, Coppola, Strasser, Paloschi

INTER
    IN: [Gasperini], Nagatomo, Viviano, Alvarez, Castaignos, Jonathan
    OUT: [Leonardo], Materazzi, Suazo, Eto'o, Muntari, Mariga

JUVENTUS
    IN: Pirlo, Ziegler, [Conte], Lichsteiner, Pazienza, Matri, Quagliarella, Pepe, Motta, Ekdal, Almiron, Vidal, Vucinic
    OUT: [Del Neri], Paolucci, Aquilani, Salihamidzic, Tiago, Melo, Sissoko

ROMA
    IN: [Enrique], Bertolacci, Bojan, Guberti, Curci, Rosi, Nego, Lamela, Jose Angel, Heinze, Stekelenburg
    OUT: Mexes, [Montella], Riise, Doni, Menez, Julio Sergio, Vucinic

FIORENTINA
    IN: Romulo, Munari, Lazzari, Kharja
    OUT: Santana, Mutu, Donadel, D'Agostino, Frey, Montolivo, Cerci, Gilardino

PARMA
    IN: Borini, Biabiany, Blasi, Santacroce, Pelle, Sansone, Fabio Nunes, Rubin
    OUT: Rossi, Castellini, Dzemaili, Paci, Pisano

PALERMO
    IN: Cetto, Simon, Pisano, Milanovic, [Pioli], Lanzafame, Labrin, Munari, Zahavi, Mantovani, Lores, Silvestre
    OUT: [Rossi]
    , Kasami, Pastore, Goian, Sirigu, Lanzafame, Bovo

NAPOLI
    IN:
    Santana, Donadel, Fernandez, Dzemaili, Mannini, Rosati, Inler, Britos, Colombo
    OUT: Pazienza, Santacroce, Blasi, Cribari, Sosa, Mannini

GENOA
    IN: [Malesani], Papastathopoulos, Birsa, Kranjc, Lupatelli, Pratto, Seymour, Zima, Granqvist, Merkel, Forestieri, Acquafresca, Constant, Ribas, Frey, Bovo, Gilardino
    OUT: Rafinha, Konko, Criscito, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Acqufresca, Papastathopoulos, Milanetto, Kharja

LAZIO
    IN: Klose, Konko, Lulic, Marchetti, Stankevicius, Cana, Cisse
    OUT: Lichsteiner, Muslera

UDINESE
    IN: D'Agostino, Barreto, Denis, Doubai, Sissoko, Fabbrini, Larrangeira, Neuton
    OUT: Sanchez, Inler, Forestieri, D'Agostino, Zapata
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:14 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Solid article.

One minor quibble: Leonardo didn't grudgingly take the job at Milan. In fact, he took it with some naive alacrity. It was the perfect opportunity for him to get his feet wet in a familiar set up. Though given how unedifying his departure was, he must have been ruing the day he decided to come on board.

Also, I don't share your optimism. With Aquilani our jigsaw is still incomplete. We would benefit from someone like Kaka (as you point out). If we had Sneijder, I would be thrilled. Also, I don't think Serie A is a foregone conclusion. The key will be how quickly Gasperini finds his feet with Inter.

If you want I can reproduce this on your blog in the comments section. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks. Yes, please comment and rate the article Wink

If Aquilani stays fit and in usual form, your jigsaw could be complete. He can play regista, and a bit higher if required. Of course, he is no Sneijder or Kaka. But remember, last season you guys managed without anyone (Pirlo was injured & off colour when fit), so Aquilani adds to the squad. Also, El Shaarawy is supposed to be that Trequartista. And I suspect that Baldie will get Ganso in Jan if needed...

With Eto'o gone, and a 3-man defence in, Inter's season is a write off. I would gladly take a top 3 finish at this point.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 am

Question to Serie A followers - if you would have to mention 10 most important transfers to Serie A, what would it be? It can be choosed on price, current quality, future quality, team needs, etc... Will be really thankful for any advice Ale
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:30 pm

stinger wrote:Question to Serie A followers - if you would have to mention 10 most important transfers to Serie A, what would it be? It can be choosed on price, current quality, future quality, team needs, etc... Will be really thankful for any advice Calcio Mercato Summer 2011 - Page 7 F_ale2

From outside Serie A? In no particular order, some of the big transfers have been: Vidal (Juv), Alvarez (Int), Lamela (Rom), Klose (Laz), Cisse (Laz), Neuton (Udi), Osvaldo (Roma), Stekelenburg (Roma), Aquilani (Mil), Krkic (Roma)

I think Vidal has been the best of the lot, and I also like Neuton - typical Udinese low key but excellent signing.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:31 pm

INTER
    IN: [Gasperini], Nagatomo, Viviano, Alvarez, Castaignos, Jonathan, Forlan, Palacio
    OUT: [Leonardo], Materazzi, Suazo, Eto'o, Muntari, Mariga, Pandev, Rivas
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:59 pm

bluenine wrote:
    stinger wrote:Question to Serie A followers - if you would have to mention 10 most important transfers to Serie A, what would it be? It can be choosed on price, current quality, future quality, team needs, etc... Will be really thankful for any advice Calcio Mercato Summer 2011 - Page 7 F_ale2

From outside Serie A? In no particular order, some of the big transfers have been: Vidal (Juv), Alvarez (Int), Lamela (Rom), Klose (Laz), Cisse (Laz), Neuton (Udi), Osvaldo (Roma), Stekelenburg (Roma), Aquilani (Mil), Krkic (Roma)

I think Vidal has been the best of the lot, and I also like Neuton - typical Udinese low key but excellent signing.
    Not necessary from outside, moves between italian teams qualifies for me as well. Thanks in advance.
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:26 pm

Latest: Osvaldo to Roma, Giaccherini to Juve, Cassani to Fiorentina, Aquilani to Milan, Eto'o to Anzhi, Bovo to Genoa

M
    ILAN
    OUT: Pirlo, Legrottaglie, Papastathopoulos, Onyewu, Jankulovski, Merkel, Astori, Albertazzi, Coppola, Strasser, Paloschi

INTER
    IN: [Gasperini], Nagatomo, Viviano, Alvarez, Castaignos, Jonathan, Forlan, Palacios

JUVENTUS
    IN: Pirlo, Ziegler, [Conte], Lichsteiner, Pazienza, Matri, Quagliarella, Pepe, Motta, Ekdal, Almiron, Vidal, Vucinic, Giaccherini

ROMA
    IN: [Enrique], Bertolacci, Bojan, Guberti, Curci, Rosi, Nego, Lamela, Jose Angel, Heinze, Stekelenburg, Osvaldo

FIORENTINA
    IN: Romulo, Munari, Lazzari, Kharja, Cassani

PARMA

PALERMO
    IN: Cetto, Simon, Pisano, Milanovic, [Pioli], Lanzafame, Labrin, Munari, Zahavi, Mantovani, Lores, Silvestre
    , Kasami, Pastore, Goian, Sirigu, Lanzafame, Bovo, Cassani

NAPOLI
    IN:

GENOA
    IN: [Malesani], Papastathopoulos, Birsa, Kranjc, Lupatelli, Pratto, Seymour, Zima, Granqvist, Merkel, Forestieri, Acquafresca, Constant, Ribas, Frey, Bovo, Gilardino
    OUT: Rafinha, Konko, Criscito, Paloschi, El Shaarawy, Acqufresca, Papastathopoulos, Milanetto, Kharja

LAZIO

UDINESE
    OUT: Sanchez, Inler, Forestieri, D'Agostino, Zapata
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:39 pm

Eto'o on the arrival at Anzhi: "Money isn't most important" lol!

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/fussball/international/2011/08/25/samuel-etoo-ankunft-bei-anschi-machatschkala/geld-ist-nicht-das-wichtigste.html
    Pras_tama
    Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
    Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
    Favourite Player : Scholes
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Anzhi were Eto'o's childhood favourite club
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:56 am

stinger wrote:
    bluenine wrote:

Not necessary from outside, moves between italian teams qualifies for me as well. Thanks in advance.

Ok, these are not necessarily the biggest, but IMO the best in terms of value add to the new club for the price they paid.

Pirlo (Juve) - Free
    Mexes (Milan) - Free
    Taiwo (Milan) - Free
    Neuton (Udinese) - undisclosed ~3m
    Klose (Lazio) - Free
    Stekelenburg (Roma) - 6m
    Vidal (Juve) - 11m
    Frey (Genoa) - undisclosed ~5m
    Litchenstiener (Juve) - 10m
    Nagatomo (Inter) - 6m

And some overpriced transfers, specially Roma and Napoli have been quite guilty of throwing away money:
    Krkic (Roma) - 10m!!
    Inler (Napoli) - 16m!!
    Britos (Napoli) - Undislclosed ~8-10m!!
    Osvaldo (Roma) - 15m!!
    Lamela (Roma) - 12m!!
    Alvarez (Inter) - 11m!!
    Jose Angel (Roma) - Undisclosed ~10m?!
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:22 pm

Jose Angel was definitely much lower than that...when he was linked to Barça, the price being mentioned was 4m euros. So there's no way he would have gone to Roma for 10m.

Anyway, going out of the Europa League is probably not a good start for Luis Enrique. Yes, it allows them to focus only on the league, but they face tough competition to make the top 4.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:32 pm

fcb wrote:Jose Angel was definitely much lower than that...when he was linked to Barça, the price being mentioned was 4m euros. So there's no way he would have gone to Roma for 10m.

Anyway, going out of the Europa League is probably not a good start for Luis Enrique. Yes, it allows them to focus only on the league, but they face tough competition to make the top 4.

Top 3 now.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:58 pm

fcb wrote:Jose Angel was definitely much lower than that...when he was linked to Barça, the price being mentioned was 4m euros. So there's no way he would have gone to Roma for 10m.

Roma & Enrique have wasted a lot of money IMO. They could have done so much better with the 50-60m they have spent... IMO their priority right now should be to get a world class CB or two. Without that, they can spend another 50m and not make the top 3.

Milan and Juve have been very intelligent in the transfer market so far. Inter are being quite brave (or naive?), putting so much faith in young players.
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:15 pm

Latest: Kjaer to Roma, Osvaldo to Roma, Giaccherini to Juve, Cassani to Fiorentina, Aquilani to Milan, Eto'o to Anzhi, Bovo to Genoa

M
    ILAN

INTER
    IN: [Gasperini], Nagatomo, Viviano, Alvarez, Castaignos, Jonathan, Forlan, Palacios

JUVENTUS
    IN: Pirlo, Ziegler, [Conte], Lichsteiner, Pazienza, Matri, Quagliarella, Pepe, Motta, Ekdal, Almiron, Vidal, Vucinic, Giaccherini

ROMA
    IN: [Enrique], Bertolacci, Bojan, Guberti, Curci, Rosi, Nego, Lamela, Jose Angel, Heinze, Stekelenburg, Osvaldo, Kjaer

FIORENTINA

PARMA

PALERMO

NAPOLI
    IN:

GENOA

LAZIO

UDINESE
    OUT: Sanchez, Inler, Forestieri, D'Agostino, Zapata, Denis
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:36 pm

bluenine wrote:
    stinger wrote:
    bluenine wrote:

Ok, these are not necessarily the biggest, but IMO the best in terms of value add to the new club for the price they paid.

Pirlo (Juve) - Free
    Mexes (Milan) - Free
    Taiwo (Milan) - Free
    Neuton (Udinese) - undisclosed ~3m
    Klose (Lazio) - Free
    Stekelenburg (Roma) - 6m
    Vidal (Juve) - 11m
    Frey (Genoa) - undisclosed ~5m
    Litchenstiener (Juve) - 10m
    Nagatomo (Inter) - 6m

And some overpriced transfers, specially Roma and Napoli have been quite guilty of throwing away money:
    Krkic (Roma) - 10m!!
    Inler (Napoli) - 16m!!
    Britos (Napoli) - Undislclosed ~8-10m!!
    Osvaldo (Roma) - 15m!!
    Lamela (Roma) - 12m!!
    Alvarez (Inter) - 11m!!
    Jose Angel (Roma) - Undisclosed ~10m?!

I heard Britos got quite a serious injury against Barca.

Rumours say Inter might go for Zarate to replace Eto'o, what do you think of that blue?
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:28 pm

Latest: Pandev to Napoli, Estigarribia to Juve, Kjaer to Roma, Osvaldo to Roma, Giaccherini to Juve,
    Cassani to Fiorentina, Aquilani to Milan, Eto'o to Anzhi, Bovo to Genoa

M
    ILAN

INTER
    OUT: [Leonardo], Materazzi, Suazo, Eto'o, Pandev, Muntari, Mariga, Rivas

JUVENTUS
    IN: Pirlo, Ziegler, [Conte], Lichsteiner, Pazienza, Matri, Quagliarella, Pepe, Motta, Ekdal, Almiron, Vidal, Vucinic, Giaccherini, Estigarribia

ROMA
    IN: [Enrique], Bertolacci, Bojan, Guberti, Curci, Rosi, Nego, Lamela, Jose Angel, Heinze, Stekelenburg, Osvaldo, Kjaer, Gago

FIORENTINA

PARMA

PALERMO

NAPOLI
    IN:
    Santana, Donadel, Fernandez, Dzemaili, Mannini, Rosati, Inler, Britos, Colombo, Pandev

GENOA

LAZIO

UDINESE
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:51 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:I heard Britos got quite a serious injury against Barca.

Rumours say Inter might go for Zarate to replace Eto'o, what do you think of that blue?
    Never rated Britos anyways.

I don't want Zarate, he is too lazy and indisciplined. Unless we get him under 5m, which is very unlikely, I don't want him anywhere near Inter.

We finally got rid of Pandev, who joins Napoli. Good for Napoli, they needed a back up for Lavezzi. This means that Forlan will join us soon, he will be a big improvement on Pandev. But who will replace Eto'o? Palacio? Sad

Last edited by bluenine on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Latest: Poli & Forlan to Inter, Tzorvas to Plaermo, Pandev to Napoli, Estigarribia to Juve, Kjaer to Roma, Osvaldo to Roma, Giaccherini to Juve, Cassani to Fiorentina, Aquilani to Milan, Eto'o to Anzhi, Bovo to Genoa

M
    ILAN

INTER
    IN: [Gasperini], Nagatomo, Viviano, Alvarez, Castaignos, Jonathan, Forlan, Poli, Palacios
    OUT: [Leonardo], Materazzi, Suazo, Eto'o, Pandev, Muntari, Mariga, Rivas

JUVENTUS
    IN: Pirlo, Ziegler, [Conte], Lichsteiner, Pazienza, Matri, Quagliarella, Pepe, Motta, Ekdal, Almiron, Vidal, Vucinic, Giaccherini, Estigarribia
    OUT: [Del Neri], Paolucci, Aquilani, Salihamidzic, Tiago, Melo, Sissoko, Almiron, Bonucci

ROMA
    IN: [Enrique], Bertolacci, Bojan, Guberti, Curci, Rosi, Nego, Lamela, Jose Angel, Heinze, Stekelenburg, Osvaldo, Kjaer, Gago
    OUT: Mexes, [Montella], Riise, Doni, Menez, Julio Sergio, Vucinic, Borriello

FIORENTINA

PARMA

PALERMO
    IN: Cetto, Simon, Pisano, Milanovic, [Pioli], Lanzafame, Labrin, Munari, Zahavi, Mantovani, Lores, Silvestre, Tzorvas

NAPOLI
    IN:
    Santana, Donadel, Fernandez, Dzemaili, Mannini, Rosati, Inler, Britos, Colombo, Pandev

GENOA

LAZIO

UDINESE

Last edited by Murray on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Forlan and Poli to Inter. Good swoops I say!
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Forlan is too old, Inter have too many oldies already.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:49 pm

Tarun wrote:Forlan and Poli to Inter. Good swoops I say!
    Not bad deals at all and Poli in particular will be interesting to follow. If it wasn't for the 3-4-3 tactic I wouldn't be so pessimistic about their season. I just can't see that tactic working for them.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
    Tarun wrote:Forlan and Poli to Inter. Good swoops I say!
    Not bad deals at all and Poli in particular will be interesting to follow. If it wasn't for the 3-4-3 tactic I wouldn't be so pessimistic about their season. I just can't see that tactic working for them.

I agree. Forlan is a huge improvement on Pandev. Poli is one of Italy's brightest young hopes in the deeper midfield. Decent players to get without spending too much money.

But whats the point if we are going to play 343, we will not win the big games anyways... I had written an article analysing why the 3-4-3 won't work at Inter: http://footballspeak.com/post/2011/08/06/Gasp-not-the-3-4-3-for-the-Nerazzurri.aspx

Last edited by bluenine on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:23 pm