Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Mistletoe.
Sheffield gunner
Football Genius
Roger Hunt
Deano
Tweesus
Parks lives
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
Dwarf
Ricardo Jol
christmasborocooper
DD
Puro
Glenarch of the Glen
fcb
20 posters

Who will take charge of the Hammers now!?

L r d

Who will take charge of the Hammers now!? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will take charge of the Hammers now!?

Post by L r d Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:27 am

But if they get the best out of the argies then perhaps it'll seem like good business to sign both of them. And dire football isn't guarenteed - getting sick of hearing that. The problem is the English players, not Sven. He didn't help himself, but you've hardly covered yourself in glory since he left either.

The way I see it is that Sven will get the best out of the better players at the club but Curbs will get more of the average players performing. The thing is, the Argies, Benayoun, Ashton and Gabbidon performing well + the cash to spend is likely to take West Ham up a level.

Konchesky, Harewood, Bowyer, Zamora, Collins, Ferdinand etc performing won't take West Ham anywhere better than where Pardew could've taken them. And those are the type of players I think Curbishley would get the best out of...

Oh, and it should be noted that Charlton were hardly the slickest team to watch. Seem to recall Curbishley doing nothing to keep hold of their 2 creative players last January...

Last edited by on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Who will take charge of the Hammers now!? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who will take charge of the Hammers now!?

Post by Deano Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:28 am

Tinseldum wrote:Still hasn't scored though Razz

nope..but hes battled..worked twice as hard as anyone else..and has played well...

more than what I can say about any of the other players..who hav cost Pardew his job.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:30 am

So deano give us your player ratings for the season so far...

to be fair, the only players that I have particularly notced for you have been Zamora, Tevez and Benayoun....

Reo Coker would get a 2/10 from me - i can't work out how hes transformed himslef into a shit player so quickly!
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:35 am

ok

Green-7
    Pantsil-5
    Ferdinand-7
    Gabbidon-8
    Konchesky-2
    Benayoun-6
    Mullins-8
    Reo-Coker-1
    Etherington-6
    Tevez-7
    Zamora-6
    Harewood-6
    Sheringham-7
    Bowyer-6
    Spector-5
    Collins-3
    McCartney-4
    Carroll-Ale
    Cole-(hasnt played enough)

Last edited by on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:36 am

I'll cry if we don't try and sign Gabbidon if you go down. He could get into any team outside the top 4 with ease.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:37 am

Snowbispo wrote:I'll cry if we don't try and sign Gabbidon if you go down. He could get into any team outside the top 4 with ease.

yup so keep away!
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:39 am

Gabbidon>Woodgate
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:40 pm

Deaño-Good Luck Pards! wrote:ok

Green-7
    Pantsil-5
    Ferdinand-7
    Gabbidon-8
    Konchesky-2
    Benayoun-6
    Mullins-8
    Reo-Coker-1
    Etherington-6
    Tevez-7
    Zamora-6
    Harewood-6
    Sheringham-7
    Bowyer-6
    Spector-5
    Collins-3
    McCartney-4
    Carroll-Ale
    Cole-(hasnt played enough)
    No Mascherano? Or he in the same boat as C.Cole?
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:02 pm

pretty much TS..
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:07 pm

Tinseldum wrote:

Curbs kept a damn small team in the premiership for 7 years with virtually no investment and it wasn't like they were ever struggling with relegation either!
    Lack of Investment?

It explains him being able to spend £4m on a piece of $hit like Luke Young then ok
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:08 pm

Luke Young has been pretty good for them over the years though
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:10 pm

Luke Young is fucking annoying - hes either good or incredibly shit, esp when going forward.

There are a lot better right backs out there
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:11 pm

For Charltons level (mid-table) Young is a very good right back.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:11 pm

The Charlton fans voted him their player of the year a couple of years back didn't they?
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:13 pm

Charlton fans think Hughes is half decent! they know fuck all about football.

West Ham now have money and should have higher aspirations than getting a second rate right back
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Hughes probably is half decent with the way they play at the moment.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Tinseldum wrote:Charlton fans think Hughes is half decent! they know fuck all about football.

West Ham now have money and should have higher aspirations than getting a second rate right back

I agree...was hoping we'd get Johnson back to be honest....
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:17 pm

TeamTurtleDoves™️ wrote:
    Tinseldum wrote:

Curbs kept a damn small team in the premiership for 7 years with virtually no investment and it wasn't like they were ever struggling with relegation either!
    Lack of Investment?

It explains him being able to spend £4m on a piece of $hit like Luke Young then ok

The fact is that he has been a regular for a few years for them now and is an England right back to boot ok

You have a cheek with your team signing fucking Rebrov! Laugh
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Luke Young is poor - I knew that from when he played for Spurs(remember when Kanu raped him in 1999) - but when he deputised for Gary Neville in the England side, it really hit home.

As for Rebrov - he was good under Graham, then Hoddle treated him like Shit.

Luke Young = Our best Sale. Ever.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:06 pm

Curbishley in talks with West Ham:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6171205.stm
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:09 pm

Curbs will be announced at 3pm.....

good choice....would still prefer Pardew though!
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:13 pm

It will be interesting to see what Curbs can do with a bit of financial backing from the chairman.

He never had that at Charlton.

He is the best candidate for West Ham IMHO.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:16 pm

Cesc-Fab wrote:It will be interesting to see what Curbs can do with a bit of financial backing from the chairman.

He never had that at Charlton.

He is the best candidate for West Ham IMHO.

At the moment, hes the only realistic candidate ..
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:20 pm

its obvious hes a good manager...what he done with Charlton on limited resources etc....

We are a fair size club....lot of history,support etc..and now we have the money. Im confident Curbs can lead us to great things!
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:21 pm

Can everyone stop with the "no funds" thing? He had plenty more money, than say, Sam Allardyce.

£4m on Luke Young.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:21 pm

From the beeb...

Reo-Coker reveals West Ham doubts

Reo-Coker has failed to match the form he showed last season
    Skipper Nigel Reo-Coker fears for his West Ham future following the departure of manager Alan Pardew.
    The midfielder, 22, has been criticised this season and worries he may be shown the door in the transfer window.

He told The Sun: "Whoever the new boss is, it will be down to them whether I will still be here next year.

"I've no idea what is going to happen in January. Everyone keeps saying I should be sacked and it's all my fault we've been doing so badly."

Now Alan Pardew has gone it's only going to get worse for me with people pointing the finger

Pardew was sacked on Monday by new chairman Eggert Magnusson after recording just one win in six games.

Magnusson has seen his club spiral into the relegation zone and score just one goal in his four games at the helm.

Former Charlton boss Alan Curbishley is expected to step into the hot-seat but Reo-Coker is concerned he is going to have to field more criticism from disgruntled fans.

"Now Pardew has gone it's only going to get worse for me with people pointing the finger," he added.

"Alan's departure was a shock to everyone. Alan is a really great bloke and I can't believe it has happened now."

Everyone's saying it's his fault? I know he's had a poor season but I thought everyone was blaming Pards for not knowing what to do with the Argentines?
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:24 pm

Reo-Coker has been shit...he is supposed to be the captain too! He probably partly blames himself..and he would be right to do so..along with some others.

@TS-well he hasnt had lots has he! hes had an average amount...
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:28 pm

TeamTurtleDoves™ wrote:Can everyone stop with the "no funds" thing? He had plenty more money, than say, Sam Allardyce.

£4m on Luke Young.
    I think they have had the same amount of funds to be honest.

Anelka and Diouf didn't join on the cheap.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:31 pm

Charltons two biggest signings were

Jason Euell-£4.75m
    Luke Young-£4m

doesnt seem a lot to me for the record signing to be under £5m!
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:34 pm

Cesc-Fab wrote:
    TeamTurtleDoves™ wrote:Can everyone stop with the "no funds" thing? He had plenty more money, than say, Sam Allardyce.

£4m on Luke Young.
    I think they have had the same amount of funds to be honest.

Anelka and Diouf didn't join on the cheap.
    Before this season, Allardyce was always Bargain Basement.

Diouf cost about £3m in the end - a bargain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:52 pm