Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
youonlycametooseeeboue
Tweesus
Parks lives
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
Lard
Cesc Soler
COTR
Tom
Chap
Calidad
Batman
bluenine
Kroos
christmasborocooper
Lordanger
Sheffield gunner
Rasiak-9
Machiavel
Formerly known as sheva7
Super Progress
Torrente
Rez
fcb
Puro
Mexicanbecks
DD
blutgraetsche
Juligen
DS
mongrel hawk
TM
Rosicky
Luis
38 posters

Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread

Chap

Number of posts : 204
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread

Post by Chap Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:44 pm

Dodgy Offside?
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Number of posts : 2605
    Supports : Southampton
    Registration date : 2007-01-17

Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread

Post by Rasiak-9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:46 pm

Chap wrote:Dodgy Offside?

oof, dead harsh that because Messi was WELL onside there
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:46 pm

kas wrote:Brazil beat Argentina tactically in the 1st half, and Argentina lost their calm and their attacking play didn't show up.

I know everyone HATES Dunga , but he must pleased with his teams professionalism in the final ok , he may not be the best coach in the World , but he does have standards

Last edited by on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:47 pm

Torrente wrote:When it comes to Argentina - Brasil, I will always bet for Brasil. Even in moments like these, where all the odds seem to be stacked up against them, Brasil generally comes on top when they play Argentina.

In recent memory people will remember the 3-0, but a few years back Brasil also spanked Argentina 4-1 in the Confederations Cup final. They also beat Argentina in the Copa final last time with their under-23 team. I know they were outplayed for large parts of the game, but that was the least one would expect.

Brasil will go out for blood today. Even if Argentinians hate Brasilians more than Brasilians hate Argentinians, the Samba boys will be fired up enough to snatch it away. Even Vagner Love could have a good game.

There's nothing more pleasing to the Brasilians than beating Argentina or watching Argentina fail in something. The Brasilians know how much damage a win tonight will cause Argentina. Without their 2 biggest stars, an awful coach, and Vagner Love leading the attack, a win would be the equivalent of bitch-slapping them back to Buenos Aires.

Torrente the wise sage of the board it seems
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Post by Rasiak-9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:50 pm

I was at the Brazil 3-0 Argentina at the Emirates incidentally, very much like this game - Riquelme goes missing, Argies tactically beaten, scoreline flatters Brazil but their counterattacking game destroys Argentina in the end
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:50 pm

ok Ale

The voice of reason does it again.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:51 pm

Bluenine also pointed out one of the keys of the match earlier. Argentina have wasted *every* single free kick that they have won...they must have easily got at least 10 if not more. All of them were hit into the middle and cleared away by Brazil, and what made it worse was Milito and Ayala had to go up to win headers, and that made it even easier for Brazil's counter attacks to succeed.
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Post by Rasiak-9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:54 pm

kas wrote:Bluenine also pointed out one of the keys of the match earlier. Argentina have wasted *every* single free kick that they have won...they must have easily got at least 10 if not more. All of them were hit into the middle and cleared away by Brazil, and what made it worse was Milito and Ayala had to go up to win headers, and that made it even easier for Brazil's counter attacks to succeed.

They have wasted their free-kicks in some circumstances but you must admit Brazil have been very solid at the back - Alex especially
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:56 pm

Brazils defence = top form

Maicon , Alex , Josue , Minerio

on top

Dunga and BRAZIL , Champions of the Copa America for the 8th time.

4 wins in the last 5 tourneys

Congratulations , underdogs is when Brazil are amazing

<Ale> <Ale>

Last edited by on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:57 pm

Brazil 3-0 Argentina FT

Brazil are champions! Congratulations to them, they will have surprised a lot of people today and they have performed very well in this final.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:58 pm

Congrats Brazil...I can't believe Dunga actually won a title, esp. with this team!
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Post by Rasiak-9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:58 pm

Argentinian fans must be devastated - not just at the fact that they were the favourites and most definately the form team, but at the manner at which once again Brazil have turned them over completely - if they can't beat them now, then when are they going to beat them?
    Lard
    Lard

Number of posts : 3822
    Registration date : 2007-03-31

Post by Lard Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:58 pm

Riquelme just like v Arsenal and v Germany he decided to choke on the big occasion Neutral
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:01 am

L.r.d wrote:Riquelme just like v Arsenal and v Germany he decided to choke on the big occasion Neutral

it's more a matter of the coach getting it wrong

riquelme barely touched the ball to be able to choke, apart from his stunning free kicks of course Wink
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:02 am

mongrel hawk wrote:@Calidad,

I agree that Kaká and Ronaldinho MUST play together. A coach that thinks they can't do it should give up his career. One of them should play as a forward, while the other as a playmaker. the mistake was to have both in midfield playing deep and not coming back to tackle. we also need a strong midfield behind them to back them up, a good striker, and Robinho as a reserve for second halves. We can't have the 3 of them.

Robinho, as expected, has done nothing. We had to count on brave players like Júlio Baptista, Máicon and Daniel up to now.

Where are the acrobatics?

If Ronaldinho was playing in his place (sorry to say this... I'm not biased towards Spanish teams; indeed, I have no preferences at all in Europe... for me European clubs mean nothing), we would be much better right now.

Calidad wrote:
    bluenine wrote:But I do hope he plays one of them at a time... both of them together just don't work!!

Calidad wrote:We all hope that Dunga doesn't persist with this team, and to be honest I don't think he can anyway. I can't see him leaving Kaka & Ronaldinho out.

Unacceptable really; you can't have the two best players in the world not playing. He has to build his team around them & hopefully Robinho as well.

No doubt todo will come in and say Robinho hasn't done much today against a good defence, but once again he has been positive and linked play well. And I believe he played a part in both goals (certainly the 2nd) Much more effective than Tevez so far, who has been anonymous.

You say that but what did Baptisa & Alvez do other than the goals? Baptista's was a great goal, Alvez took his goal well. They didn't actually create any opportunities for others to score however. Alvez is incredibly overrated and a nice finish doesn't change that.

You say Robinho done nothing, but he played a part in all three goals (40 yard pass to Vager Love for the third) and again was effective in creating interplay. Compared with similar players like Messi, Tevez & Aimar he was more effective. He didn't score, but then he had no chance to. People would have said Baptista didn't play well if he didn't score. He lost the ball a lot still because of a poor touch.

As a defensive unit Brasil were fantastic and congrats. Juan & Alex were top.

Would have been nice to see the Argies win though.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:04 am

Congratulations Brasileiros!

We take care of Uruguay and you take care of Argentina. Biggrin <Ale>

Where are all them "experts" who predicted Argentina to crush Brasil???

lol!
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:05 am

Where are Alves critics?

I can descriube the argentinian squad and its players in one word.

Superbia

http://www.ole.com.ar/diario/2007/07/15/tapapapel.html
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:07 am

WTF is up with Vagner Love's voice? lol!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:08 am

L.r.d wrote:Riquelme just like v Arsenal and v Germany he decided to choke on the big occasion Neutral

I think Brasil just rose to the ocassion more than anything. They always do when they feel threatened.

A lot of people think this is Brasil "B", I've alway called it Brasil "A" minus Ronaldinho and Kaká, and probably minus Ronaldo as well if he regains his world class form. This was no Brasil "B" whatsoever. Alex is better than Lucio. <Ale>
    Chap

Number of posts : 204
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by Chap Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:08 am

COTR wrote:

it's more a matter of the coach getting it wrong

riquelme barely touched the ball to be able to choke, apart from his stunning free kicks of course Wink

With no orthodox striker or wingers Riquelme didn't really have the chance to play.

I guess I can't blame Basile for sticking with a winning formula, but he didn't really adapt to the diamond midfield with those subs.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:08 am

Robinho played alright, but far from being MOTM.

our best players IMO:

Juan (one of the best defenders in the world), Alex, Máicon, Josué, and Daniel Alves.

we won this Copa because Dunga dropped Diego and Elano, and because he played the 3 DMs system. It would have been more beautiful if he had Afonso in place of Love, and Anderson in place of Baptista IMO.

I hope he'll keep the 3 DMs system with Kaká and Ronaldinho playing together alongside a good striker, and Robinho as a reserve.

that's all.

Calidad wrote:

I agree that Kaká and Ronaldinho MUST play together. A coach that thinks they can't do it should give up his career. One of them should play as a forward, while the other as a playmaker. the mistake was to have both in midfield playing deep and not coming back to tackle. we also need a strong midfield behind them to back them up, a good striker, and Robinho as a reserve for second halves. We can't have the 3 of them.

Robinho, as expected, has done nothing. We had to count on brave players like Júlio Baptista, Máicon and Daniel up to now.

If Ronaldinho was playing in his place (sorry to say this... I'm not biased towards Spanish teams; indeed, I have no preferences at all in Europe... for me European clubs mean nothing), we would be much better right now.

Calidad wrote:
    bluenine wrote:But I do hope he plays one of them at a time... both of them together just don't work!!

Calidad wrote:We all hope that Dunga doesn't persist with this team, and to be honest I don't think he can anyway. I can't see him leaving Kaka & Ronaldinho out.

Unacceptable really; you can't have the two best players in the world not playing. He has to build his team around them & hopefully Robinho as well.

No doubt todo will come in and say Robinho hasn't done much today against a good defence, but once again he has been positive and linked play well. And I believe he played a part in both goals (certainly the 2nd) Much more effective than Tevez so far, who has been anonymous.

You say that but what did Baptisa & Alvez do other than the goals? Baptista's was a great goal, Alvez took his goal well. They didn't actually create any opportunities for others to score however. Alvez is incredibly overrated and a nice finish doesn't change that.

You say Robinho done nothing, but he played a part in all three goals (40 yard pass to Vager Love for the third) and again was effective in creating interplay. Compared with similar players like Messi, Tevez & Aimar he was more effective. He didn't score, but then he had no chance to. People would have said Baptista didn't play well if he didn't score. He lost the ball a lot still because of a poor touch.

Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:09 am

Congratulations Brazil, however its bad news for Brazil and the rest of the world as we will have to put up with Dunga and Wagner Love for another 3 years.

The Argies didnt turn up today, they needed to play faster football against a side like Brazil, I think Riquleme hitting the post was the turning point!!
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:10 am

sheva7 wrote:Where are Alves critics?

Superbia

This loss will rock Argentina to the core. Very tough loss for them. <Ale>
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:12 am

Superbia

I'm here. And I've just been criticising him.

Maicon is far superior. Alvez had a nice finish for the goal. He done little else of note. I noticed he had a great oppotunity to put in Baptista or Robinho, but as usual nothing came of it and the cross was blocked (when he had plenty of time to pick out a pass) - he is a pace merchant who spends half his time fouling and the other half chasing back because he's lost possession.

Maicon, I've been very impressed with. Had an indifferent start to the tournament, but he's been impressive during the last two games.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:12 am

by the way, Messi's goal was ilegal. he wasn't off side, but heinze, who touched the ball before the ball reached Messi, was off-side.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:13 am

Puro wrote:

I think Brasil just rose to the ocassion more than anything. They always do when they feel threatened.

A lot of people think this is Brasil "B", I've alway called it Brasil "A" minus Ronaldinho and Kaká, and probably minus Ronaldo as well if he regains his world class form. This was no Brasil "B" whatsoever. Alex is better than Lucio. <Ale>

not having the two best players in the world makes a bit of a difference though puro Wink

but maybe it helped in a way. ronny and kaka's lesser work ethic may have disrupted what he wanted to achieve from this performance

argentina just have a remarkable ability to lose all shape in their team when it matters most

it also displayed why im happy we signed torres over tevez as he is more of a striker to tevez's attacking midfielder/forward role
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:15 am

mongrel hawk wrote:Robinho played alright, but far from being MOTM.

our best players IMO:

Juan (one of the best defenders in the world), Alex, Máicon, Josué, and Daniel Alves.

we won this Copa because Dunga dropped Diego and Elano, and because he played the 3 DMs system. It would have been more beautiful if he had Afonso in place of Love, and Anderson in place of Baptista IMO.

I hope he'll keep the 3 DMs system with Kaká and Ronaldinho playing together alongside a good striker, and Robinho as a reserve.

that's all.

Calidad wrote:

Calidad wrote:

Fair enough. I don't like the three DM system, but it's obviously something us "gringos" will have to get use to. I agree that Juan is very underrated. In general Brasilian defenders are underrated. Despite playing in the most attacking side in the world, they've generally had one of the best defensive records. Today showed how solid they are, when they have a lot of protection.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:15 am

I like how Messi just ignored Blatter Laughing
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:16 am

Calidad wrote:

Superbia

I'm here. And I've just been criticising him.

Maicon is far superior. Alvez had a nice finish for the goal. He done little else of note. I noticed he had a great oppotunity to put in Baptista or Robinho, but as usual nothing came of it and the cross was blocked (when he had plenty of time to pick out a pass) - he is a pace merchant who spends half his time fouling and the other half chasing back because he's lost possession.

Maicon, I've been very impressed with. Had an indifferent start to the tournament, but he's been impressive during the last two games.

Alves took his goal well and put in a good cross that lead to the own goal, but I still think he isnt as good as most make out.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:17 am

COTR wrote:
    not having the two best players in the world makes a bit of a difference though puro Wink

but maybe it helped in a way. ronny and kaka's lesser work ethic may have disrupted what he wanted to achieve from this performance

argentina just have a remarkable ability to lose all shape in their team when it matters most

it also displayed why im happy we signed torres over tevez as he is more of a striker to tevez's attacking midfielder/forward role

Of course COTR! it's just that many people make it sound like Brasil played Copa América will all subs. What you see is what you get. That's Brasil nowadays minus the obvious three missing stars. <Ale>

Now, the other FINAL in WC U20 Argentina-México. cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:11 am