Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
youonlycametooseeeboue
Tweesus
Parks lives
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
Lard
Cesc Soler
COTR
Tom
Chap
Calidad
Batman
bluenine
Kroos
christmasborocooper
Lordanger
Sheffield gunner
Rasiak-9
Machiavel
Formerly known as sheva7
Super Progress
Torrente
Rez
fcb
Puro
Mexicanbecks
DD
blutgraetsche
Juligen
DS
mongrel hawk
TM
Rosicky
Luis
38 posters

Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread

Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Number of posts : 2605
    Supports : Southampton
    Registration date : 2007-01-17

Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread

Post by Rasiak-9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:05 pm

This is exactly what i thought would happen, Brazil would nick a few goals against the run of play and despite the Argentinian domination, Brazil would win
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread

Post by Tom Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:05 pm

That cross from Dani Alves Yikes

That was wonderful! My god, i really hope we do sign him, and also it would increase the chance of selling Fatty as he has a corner and a free kick to boast as well! Not an incredible final, but im stil really enjoying it!
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Batman Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:05 pm

Baptista (1-0) vs Argentina
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2jpfy_baptista-10-vs-argentina-15072007

Brazil 2 - 0 Argentina - Ayala Own Goal
    https://www.dailymotion.com/FootballHeaven/video/4279011
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:06 pm

Calidad wrote:
    bluenine wrote:But I do hope he plays one of them at a time... both of them together just don't work!!

Calidad wrote:We all hope that Dunga doesn't persist with this team, and to be honest I don't think he can anyway. I can't see him leaving Kaka & Ronaldinho out.

Unacceptable really; you can't have the two best players in the world not playing. He has to build his team around them & hopefully Robinho as well.

No doubt todo will come in and say Robinho hasn't done much today against a good defence, but once again he has been positive and linked play well. And I believe he played a part in both goals (certainly the 2nd) Much more effective than Tevez so far, who has been anonymous.

So far Robinho is ok. He played much better than any argentinian offensive player. Tevez couldn't do anything, Messi is too selfish and Riquelme is playing badly.

I'm worried about the dead balls. Argentina always score from indirect fks and cks in big matches.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:08 pm

great watch so far

always good to see a coach with inferior players completely humiliate his opposite number

and after all the stick dunga has taken he must be loving it

Buttttttttttttttttt

it could all be different in this half
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:08 pm

Ayala is far from done. It's very hot out there, and obviously the older players like Veron and Ayala will be affected the most. Ayala will be fine, back to his usual world class in cooler temperatures in Europe.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:09 pm

Nah, its just that Dunga got it spot on so far... he has got Mineiro snapping at Riquelme's ankles throughout the game... and that usually works against riquelme... the supply has cut off, infact even veron has been more effective than riquelme in open play so far....

however, i fully expect Basile to make tactical changes in teh 2nd half, it will be interesting to see what he does... aimar might come in to give another channel, I hope crespo comes in to make the right moves, coz teh movemnet inside the penalty area has been pathetic by the argies so far... there is no one to cross to...

its Dunga 1-0 Basile so far.... and now the second part!!! ok

Chap wrote:This is the wrong kind of game to have Veron+Riquelme. Don't know if the temperature is unexpectedly low, but since Brazil are rushing things in midfield either shove Messi/Tevez out wide and stretch the midfield, or try to compete in the battle.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:09 pm

@Calidad,

I agree that Kaká and Ronaldinho MUST play together. A coach that thinks they can't do it should give up his career. One of them should play as a forward, while the other as a playmaker. the mistake was to have both in midfield playing deep and not coming back to tackle. we also need a strong midfield behind them to back them up, a good striker, and Robinho as a reserve for second halves. We can't have the 3 of them.

Robinho, as expected, has done nothing. We had to count on brave players like Júlio Baptista, Máicon and Daniel up to now.

Where are the acrobatics?

If Ronaldinho was playing in his place (sorry to say this... I'm not biased towards Spanish teams; indeed, I have no preferences at all in Europe... for me European clubs mean nothing), we would be much better right now.

Calidad wrote:
    bluenine wrote:But I do hope he plays one of them at a time... both of them together just don't work!!

Calidad wrote:We all hope that Dunga doesn't persist with this team, and to be honest I don't think he can anyway. I can't see him leaving Kaka & Ronaldinho out.

Unacceptable really; you can't have the two best players in the world not playing. He has to build his team around them & hopefully Robinho as well.

No doubt todo will come in and say Robinho hasn't done much today against a good defence, but once again he has been positive and linked play well. And I believe he played a part in both goals (certainly the 2nd) Much more effective than Tevez so far, who has been anonymous.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:11 pm

Puro wrote:Ayala is far from done. It's very hot out there, and obviously the older players like Veron and Ayala will be affected the most. Ayala will be fine, back to his usual world class in cooler temperatures in Europe.

Ayala was a world class player, but he is definitely one of the dirtiest players I've ever seen. I love when I see him making mistakes like Bergkamp 98, pk against Germany and this own goal.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:11 pm

ok

Its just that the rest of them are playing below par... Zanetti is always at par!!

sheva7 wrote:WTF is that? Now I want to see Brazil winning this sh!t. Dunga won't be sacked if Argentina win by one or two goals.

Milito and Aimar must come in. Zanetti is the only argentinian that played well in the first half.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:19 pm

COTR wrote:great watch so far

always good to see a coach with inferior players completely humiliate his opposite number

Buttttttttttttttttt

That's just begging for a Liverpool joke Wink
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:19 pm

The argies are still commiting tactical suicide... why do they keep wasting fks and corners by putting them in the middle????? the brazilian defenmders are much taller and physical... the argies haven't won a single header against the brazilain defenders as yet!!! they need to change their strategy, do something different, stop wasting all their opportunities!! Doh

Please get Aimar for Cambiasso asap!!! Argies need that change!!

bluenine wrote:Nah, its just that Dunga got it spot on so far... he has got Mineiro snapping at Riquelme's ankles throughout the game... and that usually works against riquelme... the supply has cut off, infact even veron has been more effective than riquelme in open play so far....

however, i fully expect Basile to make tactical changes in teh 2nd half, it will be interesting to see what he does... aimar might come in to give another channel, I hope crespo comes in to make the right moves, coz teh movemnet inside the penalty area has been pathetic by the argies so far... there is no one to cross to...

Chap wrote:This is the wrong kind of game to have Veron+Riquelme. Don't know if the temperature is unexpectedly low, but since Brazil are rushing things in midfield either shove Messi/Tevez out wide and stretch the midfield, or try to compete in the battle.

Last edited by on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:20 pm

kas wrote:
    COTR wrote:great watch so far

Buttttttttttttttttt

That's just begging for a Liverpool joke Wink

it won't be a joke

Ill take it as a benitez compliment kas Wink

ie our last meeting at the nou camp Razz
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:22 pm

bluenine wrote:The argies are still commiting tactical suicide... why do they keep wasting fks and corners by putting them in the middle????? the brazilian defenmders are much taller and physical... the argies haven't won a single header against the brazilain defenders as yet!!! they need to change their strategy, do something different, stop wasting all their opportunities!! Doh

bluenine wrote:Nah, its just that Dunga got it spot on so far... he has got Mineiro snapping at Riquelme's ankles throughout the game... and that usually works against riquelme... the supply has cut off, infact even veron has been more effective than riquelme in open play so far....

they need to remove both cambiasso and veron really. they are non existent

at the minute argentina's only tactic is to give it to messi and hope he beats the entire brazil team but all he ends up doing is running into people and winning free kicks
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:22 pm

Maicon has had a great game so far. Very good performance both in attack and defence. Aimar on for Cambiasso.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:23 pm

Well done, Basile!!!

Only wish crespo were fit!!

bluenine wrote:The argies are still commiting tactical suicide... why do they keep wasting fks and corners by putting them in the middle????? the brazilian defenmders are much taller and physical... the argies haven't won a single header against the brazilain defenders as yet!!! they need to change their strategy, do something different, stop wasting all their opportunities!! Doh

Please get Aimar for Cambiasso asap!!! Argies need that change!!

Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:23 pm

Shocked

Just switched on and fully expected to see Brazil in the lead. It looks like Dunga has certainly proved some of the critics wrong.

Julio Baptista scored in the Semi Final and now the Final. Yikes
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:28 pm

Cesc wrote:Shocked

Just switched on and fully expected to see Brazil in the lead. It looks like Dunga has certainly proved some of the critics wrong.

Julio Baptista scored in the Semi Final and now the Final. Yikes

and it was an incredible goal

he has also played pretty well apart from that
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm

3-0.

o dear.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:33 pm

3-0!!!

Great goal from Alves after some good play from Vagner Love
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:33 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Maicon has had a great game so far. Very good performance both in attack and defence. Aimar on for Cambiasso.
    sheva7 wrote: Zanetti is the only argentinian that played well in the first half.

Its obviously a good problem to have, but this copa just like the whole of last season has done nothing to seperate the two... who should be the starting RB for Inter!! Both are equally good at that position at the mo. I guess since Zanetti can play LB or winger on either wing as well, next season it will be Maicon at RB and Zanetti playing at various roles just like last season.

Best is to watch them both play at the right for Inter together ok
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:33 pm

ALVES , WHAT A GOAL

WHAT A BREAK BY BRAZIL

WHAT A PASS FROM LOVE !!!

Brazil play EXCELLENT when they are the underdogs !

Last edited by on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:33 pm

what an assist by love!!! hahaha
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:34 pm

Wow

wagner love actually produced something quality

who was it that has been saying alves is Cr@p ?? Smile
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:34 pm

Now I can't believe it.

3-0!
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Post by Rasiak-9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:34 pm

three
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Post by Rasiak-9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:35 pm

Its a bit like the Uruguay/Peru match all over again, a total masterclass in counterattacking football
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:38 pm

If only Kaka was playing.
    Rasiak-9
    Rasiak-9

Post by Rasiak-9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:40 pm

Another chance from a counterattack!

HARMLESS Riquelme free-kick straight to Doni and the play ends up with Brazil having a scoring chance - sums up the match in one moment

EDIT: and then he twats it over the bar under no pressure, almost to underline the fact that Argentina cannot play well unless Riquelme is on his game

Last edited by on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:44 pm

Brazil beat Argentina tactically in the 1st half, and Argentina lost their calm and their attacking play didn't show up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:54 am