Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
youonlycametooseeeboue
Tweesus
Parks lives
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
Lard
Cesc Soler
COTR
Tom
Chap
Calidad
Batman
bluenine
Kroos
christmasborocooper
Lordanger
Sheffield gunner
Rasiak-9
Machiavel
Formerly known as sheva7
Super Progress
Torrente
Rez
fcb
Puro
Mexicanbecks
DD
blutgraetsche
Juligen
DS
mongrel hawk
TM
Rosicky
Luis
38 posters

Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread

blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:34 pm

SteveOoO wrote:
    So you didn't watch the 2006 world cup then? They were far better than Germany until Riquelme went off (Germany were heading straight out of the WC) and the match against Mexico was great to watch.

That's a myth, no matter how often it's repeated. Both teams neutralised each other in the midfield for most of the match, and Riquelme was taken off for a reason, to save energy and secure the lead, because it was a very exhausting match. It wouldn't have been so exhausting if Argentina actually were "far better".

However, Argentina last year were more of an unit than this years Argentina, like I said earlier.
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread

Post by Torrente Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:39 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    SteveOoO wrote:
    So you didn't watch the 2006 world cup then? They were far better than Germany until Riquelme went off (Germany were heading straight out of the WC) and the match against Mexico was great to watch.

That's a myth, no matter how often it's repeated. Both teams neutralised each other in the midfield for most of the match, and Riquelme was taken off for a reason, to save energy and secure the lead, because it was a very exhausting match. It wouldn't have been so exhausting if Argentina actually were "far better".

However, Argentina last year were more of an unit than this years Argentina, like I said earlier.

I was going to say the same thing. I don't get where this "Argentina was far superior to Germany before the substitions" came from. Argentina barely created any scoring opportunities all match. They were slightly superior to Germany before the subsitutions, but it was hardly an attacking extravaganza. In extra time Germany was clearly superior. Germany deservedly went through to the semifinals IMO.
    SteveOoO

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2006-08-29

Post by SteveOoO Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:44 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    SteveOoO wrote:

Germany was playing fairly badly for most of that game, they were going out. Riquelme was helping Argentina control the possession. The game turned once the Argentinians made the substitutions. At the time substitution Riquelme may have seemed like the sensible thing to do.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The Pröfessör Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:45 pm

Emmanuele Elboue wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:I'm not going to label him a bad player because like I said I've not seen many of his Inter performances.

However he's been very average in this tournament imo. Is he being played out of position or not?

he is, he plays out in the left. he hasent been great. He is quality when played in position though.

I have seen him play in that role for Inter, away to fiorentina for example. He even scored two goals that day. He's a good player , but is going through a bad patch( happens to a lot of players)
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:49 pm

Ha ha ha! Brasil! Fabulous! I am glad those super stars from Argentina were trashed!

Congrats to Dunga and his boys!!!!
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:50 pm

SteveOoO wrote:
    Germany was playing fairly badly for most of that game, they were going out. Riquelme was helping Argentina control the possession. The game turned once the Argentinians made the substitutions. At the time substitution Riquelme may have seemed like the sensible thing to do.

Germany had more chances than Argentina actually (even in the first half, when Argentina were slightly better indeed), I suggest you watch the match again. Most of the match basically happened in the midfield, so it was rather typical that Argentina scored after a corner. No "free flowing" attacking football, because Germany played pressing very early, and didn't allow Argentina to find their rhythm. Argentina did exactly the same with Germany, to the surprise of Klinsmann / Löw.

The result was a very tactical and especially exhausting game, not really pleasant to the eye of the neutral 'normal' football fan. But Argentina were not "far stronger" at all, as Torrente said correctly said.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:54 pm

The Hitman™ wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:I remember watching Cambiasso at Real Madrid and thinking he's a decent player but nothing special. Then he moves to Seria A and by all accounts his form rockets (I've yet to see this as the coverage of Seria A in England is non-existent at the moment).

However judging on these games, I have to ask what all the fuss is about? or is he just playing out of position?

He was a good Utility player at Madid - but never got a regular eun due to Makelele/Los Galacticos policy.

He's been great at Inter ever since. Rememeber all the hype over Sulley Muntari?

Cambiasso is the rich man's Muntari.

Unfair comparison. There's 4 good years between them, and that's a lot in football.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:15 pm

i agree with torrente and blut. and they didnt play free flowing football for many of their games. only the game when they put in their reserves were i impressed. and i dont even think it is because theirs dont perform but more that they dont have a collective attack. they give the ball to their brains(riquelme/veron) and hope they connect with tevez and messi. their 2006 team was better allthough overrated. i think both teams could have profited from a loss. brazil under dunga will use the same tactic that argentina used by giving the ball to their stars. the difference will be at the world cup they will have kaka/ronaldinho and prob some great striker like adriano. brazil will prob fail as that tactic sent them home from germany.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:07 pm

Yesterday was another disaster for football imho... again athletesism, cautious tactics and discpline stiffled flair.

I can only hope and pray that this trend won't continue too many years..

Brazil hasn't excited me once during this Copa yet they won. And yes I know that it is important to win, and yes they were well organised and played as a team, but from neutral standpoint it was dreadful to watch.

Congratulations Brazil, commiserations to the beautiful game
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:13 pm

Agree Ole.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo

Post by TM Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:14 pm

Woohooo!!!!
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:14 pm

Argentina should've just been less $h!t. They might've won then.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo

Post by TM Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:23 pm

Brazil Vs Argentina official match thread - Page 8 Recorte

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:56 am